3

Bruce, Jeremiah and I are at Jeremiah's place.

"How did you get this working so quickly?" Bruce asks Jeremiah.

"Well, I can't take all the credit, Y/n did help me greatly." Jeremiah replies, "Now, ready for a demonstration?"

I smile at the comment and nod my head.

"You know what to do Y/n." He says and i flick the switch. The entire place lights up. Jeremiah smiles at me, knowing we succeeded. Bruce states in amazement.

All of the lights turn on. "Ambient energy. No cables or wires of any kind, completely stable. Harvested from micro tremors and air density shifts its... its virtually without cost." Jeremiah says.

"And with the prototypes at Wayne Labs we can power all of Gotham?" Bruce asks.

"You've kept this project a secret, yes?"

"Nobody outside Wayne Industries knows it exists."

"It's always the ones closest to you that you have to keep your eye on. I know better than anyone.. Arkham Asylum sent me some of Jerome's person effects and amongst them, I found his diary. It's a catalog of his fantasies and goals." Jeremiah says. Bruce and I walk over and look in the diary. There's some drawings of him tormenting Bruce and Jeremiah. Then there's some about me. One in particular of me in a wedding dress and Jerome in a suit. He wanted us to get married??

"There's a lot about you Y/n." Jeremiah says, continue looking through the diary.

"Maybe you shouldn't spend so much time reading this." I say

"He was obsessed with torturing and murdering  me, James Gordon and you Bruce.  He loved you Y/n. And is he had been the least bit sane, he would have ruined all of our lives and Gotham would be in ruins." Jeremiah says. He was about to flick another page when I put my hand on the diary.

He looks up at me. "Jerome is dead, Jeremiah." I say.

"You need to come out of the bunker and join the world." Bruce adds. "..yes.. he's dead. I still find it hard to believe." Jeremiah says. Bruce's phone vibrates  and he answers it.

While he is on the phone I turn to Jeremiah and sit on the table he is leaning on.

"You don't need to worry anymore." I say. "Thanks, i must say, it really helps talking to you, you have been through so much as well all because of Jerome.." Jeremiah says, touching my hand. We look into each other eyes, but he quickly lets go when Bruce gets off the phone.

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Alfred.. lunch plans."

"Your lying Bruce." Jeremiah says.

"You're right, sorry. It seems Jerome's followers are causing trouble. I'm going to go call Alfred." Bruce replies, leaving the room, leaving me and Jeremiah alone in the room.

"Oh, my god. I was right." Jeremiah says, backing up. I stand up and say; "No Jeremiah."

"I was right.. He's not dead. Y/n, he's not dead! He's alive and coming after us."

"Easy Jeremiah, it's okay. You're not thinking clearly. Come on this isn't  like you." I say.

"Y/n...Y/n I need to tell you something. The other day when we came here to gather my stuff and you waited outside, Jerome left one last trap for me.. He sprayed me with insanity gas. 'A special mixture just for you.' He said. I can't stop seeing him, Y/n. Clawing his way out of his grave, coming for me, even though I know it's not real, it feels real. And I can't control myself." He says.