𝟬𝟲

MAYU DIDN'T THINK IT'D BE THAT easy to become an executive, but here she is; at her first meeting where they determine if she's capable enough

MAYU DIDN'T THINK IT'D BE THAT easy to become an executive, but here she is; at her first meeting where they determine if she's capable enough. Keiichi had shown high regard to her, which impressed Hatter and the rest of them, so she is now the newest executive of the beach; ranking number 12, after Chishiya and before Kuina. She'd probably let Kuina go first if she could though.

The brunette is seated in one of the chairs of their meeting table, too busy with whatever level she's beating on her switch, her tongue playing with the cherry lollipop in her mouth. The executives and high militants found her to be a very quiet girl, only talking when addressed to, so they let her be.

They discussed the new cards they collected—curtesy to Mayu—and crossed out the cards on the wall with spray paint, a ritual she found to be extremely overdramatic.

They continued talking and planning, the brunette being able to listen to their conversations even while playing, 'in case they ask for my opinion', something she picked up from dozens of classes where the teacher asks impromptu questions. She really didn't care about the pairs of eyes on her, especially from the militia. They seemed overly full of themselves.

Among the people she has to put up with, she enjoys the company of Keiichi, An, and Chishiya the most, maybe last boss because she honestly hadn't even heard him speak yet (she definitely does not want to be on the receiving end of his katana though). The brunette clearly finds reserved people more tolerable.

The meeting concludes after they discussed the last seven numbered cards they need, some probability shit Mayu honestly didn't believe. 'If there's someone behind this, then they won't be fooled by a pattern'. The executives file out of the meeting room, Mayu trailing behind, wishing to go to her room since the deafening music was almost intolerable to her.

Her plans were foiled though, as someone silently pulls her arm towards the godforsaken rave area. She lets them, unbothered and focused on completing the level, 'I just hope it's worth my time..'.

As Chishiya stops dragging the female, they both halt. "Sorry, she wanted to see you" he mutters, and the brunette just waves it off, happy to see Kuina again. They hadn't talked much, but she appreciates the effort the girl made to acquaint herself with her before, and she's even more relieved that the female and Chishiya were actually seemingly close. Maybe she found the right people just for her, more bearable and logical, unlike the rest of the beach.

"Hi Mayu!" The braided girl greets with a smile, holding the fake cigarette between her lips. "Hey" the said girl calmly greets back, a slight smile on her face, holding a similar looking stick in her mouth, except it's a lollipop. She had paused her game, something she didn't do the entire meeting, showing her respect and conversing with Kuina, which seemed to be more one-sided, since the brunette only said short responses. Chishiya himself was also inserting his remarks here and there, mostly observing the rest of the beach.