𝟭𝟭

MAYU DREADS MEETINGS

MAYU DREADS MEETINGS. The wild mood of the beach is already so much, how much more the boisterous person that is their one and only leader; Hatter? It seems he never gets enough of the attention, noise, and talking. He never stops talking, she dreads having to sit through absolute bullshit speeches and lines he most likely practiced in front of the mirror prior to said meetings.

His stupidity is so clear, too. Relying far too much on his executives and caring only for power and pleasure, he could easily get swindled by words of praise or mere flattering. The beach is an organization solely formed for his prosperity, a place where he is the ruler and gets whatever he wants.

Hatter's incompetence and selfishness is a topic one could rant about for hours, Kurai Mayu especially. But besides the infinite rambling of the shit leader, the executive meetings seem far too boring for the brunette to sit through.

These were the kind of thoughts running through the girl's head. All the important information she deduced so far is that nothing important had happened, no new cards, no new games, absolute garbage basically.

The meeting is still going, and all she can do is sit there while witnessing Ann and Keiichi try to get through Hatter's thick skull that predicting games is near impossible. She had forgotten her switch and left it charging at her room, a mistake she will be careful not to make anymore.

With a silent sigh, she subtly scans the room, choosing to focus her attention to the other executives rather than their leader. Her stand with some of the room stays, that they are annoying and she dislikes their company (emphasis on Niragi and Hatter).

The rest seemed fine, she still finds Mira unsettling, but Ann, Keiichi, Chishiya, even Aguni, and Last boss seemed alright to her. The militants weren't entirely bad to her, especially the quiet ones (because loud equals unbearable).

She simply has no opinion on most of them though, never really interacting with them besides the small and short conversations in meetings. The brunette would rather not interact with people as much as possible, an exception being the two she'd been getting closer to recently.

At times, her annoyance for Hatter peaks, especially when he'd press further on the girl's opinion or thoughts, making her talk unnecessarily. Being loud is one thing, but forcing Mayu (who is clearly not one to talk) to speak is the worst to her.

Even Niragi seems to respect that she does not give a fuck about anything but her games, eventually giving up on annoying her after several ignored taunts. (It's a wonder how he seems to not bother her as much as he would to others)

She will talk when she deems it necessary or feels like it, it is as simple as that. It is true that she does not care about the cards, or the strategies, or plans. The games are games, she treats the life-or-death tests the same as she does to the video games on her switch.

With lidded eyes and slender fingers twirling her almost finished lollipop, she zones back in as Niragi finishes his reasoning on why the militants deserve more power. Mayu mentally scoffs, they already abuse their sliver of facility, and Aguni is under Hatter. The only circumstance she can think of where they do get what they want is if Hatter were to die. Still, the girl shrugs in her head, not really caring for whatever drama goes on in this godforsaken beach.