𝟬𝟴

pls play the song when its shown:] thx

KURAI MAYU ALWAYS PREFERRED THE DARK. Hell, of course she does, Kurai MEANS dark. It was her family name, something she both loved and hated.

It was a name she liked, it described her well. She loves dark nights, gloomy weather, and the serenity of the absence of light in general. She despised the name as well, since her so called family, was completely absent in her life. She isn't a bitter person, but it turned her quite cold that she was forced to mature so early. Her parents were physically there, but never has she felt the affection of a mother or father.

Still, she found her name cool, she likes the dark. During all-nighters, she never keeps the lights on, preferring the only source of illumination being the monitor of her laptop or gleam of her game console. When she wakes up before the sunrise, she keeps the lights off, going on with her routine in complete darkness.

So when she landed in borderland, the girl was at serenity. The lack of crowds, the absence of noise, the utter disappearance of light; Mayu loved it all. It was an escape, a good distraction from the boring cycle that was her life.

So like the meaning of her name, she naturally welcomed the darkness of this dimension.

Her given name, Mayu, means gentle or evening, something that defines her pretty well. Gentle like her voice, somber like an evening. If you were to ask anyone, they'd say it fit her perfectly.

So yeah, maybe her parents are stupid, but at least they didn't fuck up her name.

Peacefully strolling through the vacant city, the two acquaintances barely converse

Peacefully strolling through the vacant city, the two acquaintances barely converse. Both of their minds running, eyes either admiring or simply observing the abandoned streets and buildings of Tokyo, their feet seemingly just working, not necessarily planning where to go.

Once again, the female finds herself relishing in the darkness, the lack of light perfectly accentuating the moonlight and numerous dazzling stars. Oh how she had grown to love those stars, something she could barely see with all the blinding lights and busy streets before.

The silence was tranquil, their footsteps resonating on the road, both so relaxed even when they warn themselves not to lose focus or show vulnerability. It's an instinct the two have with each other, automatically feeling comfortable with each other though their minds disapprove. They know they can't trust each other, but their bodies act on their own.