𝟭𝟰

SHE'D BEEN CALLED FOR AN EMERGENCY five minutes ago, but remains unmoving in her hotel room

SHE'D BEEN CALLED FOR AN EMERGENCY five minutes ago, but remains unmoving in her hotel room. Face buried in the console and eyes unblinking with her fingers jamming the joystick and buttons of the device, the knock on her door doesn't faze her, the familiar disappointing tune playing from the Switch and screaming text of 'You Lose!' on the screen does though.

"FUCK." She chucks it onto her pillow. The console may be a treasured item, but she is currently mad at it. She'll forgive it in a bit.

It was rare for her to rage over a videogame, but having just picked it up and turned it on for the first time today, she has yet to defeat the current boss. The girl knows it should be the least of her issues right now, Hatter's dead body may just be a few floors below her. She just really values her game more.

Finally dragging her feet to the door after picking a candy to snack on and grabbing her Switch once more (she forgives it), the unimpressed eyes of her friend greet her. He had heard her, it was obvious, she masks the embarrassment with cough while diverting her eyes to the hallways instead of his burning gaze.

Chishiya has to press his lips together to prevent the amused smile from breaking out. "Did you say something?"

"Please shut up." She sighs exasperatedly, already fed up with today's pace.

"Is that a solid?"

His futile remark actually makes her pause and think, scoffing as the two start their walk to the usual meeting room. She doesn't care about the solids anyway, they're just extra outlets for her to irritate the male. "Yeah sure, that makes it three left."

The two 'rush' to the called emergency in silence, the blonde following her solid and keeping his mouth shut. They walk through the bright halls, sunlight seeping through the many windows. Nearing the room itself, beach cronies are what greet them, guarding the exterior. Chishiya enters first while Mayu waits for their new accomplice.

Arisu and Usagi are stopped by the guards and the brunette finally snaps back to reality, watching as Niragi questions the duo. She'd only realized her friend was beside her when the militant starts to provoke him, while the male calmly sports his usual superior stare.

Before any other irritable remarks are thrown at each other, Mayu, who had been spacing out much more than usual, steps in to cut the encounter short.

"Hatter liked him." She makes sure to use past tense and they notice. "Arisu right here is pretty much an executive. He should know about whatever this emergency is, right?"

Expression still unbothered and tone uncaring, she quietly ushers the clueless boy to the door, not really looking for a response to her question. She doesn't forget to bid a nod to Arisu's companion before fully entering though.

Corpses were a regular thing to see in borderland, especially at the beach. Seeing the corpse of the high and mighty leader though? Mayu had to do a long look at the lifeless body to take in the sight, afterwards choosing to look down at the sweet in her hand.