𝟭𝟮

"YOU'RE BACK EARLY" the blond remarks, usually used to the girl arriving later than most as she likes to stroll and skate around at night, in silence or with music (postponing having to return to the annoying beach)

Yawning with a small stretch, she nods with a hum. "Mhm.. too tired to skate back so I rode with militants." Her voice is the same gentle with no detectable emotion except for a hint of raspiness. Perhaps she had been silent for quite a while.

"Tired? Was it a spades game?"

She nods and leans back further on the lounge chair, completely ignoring the crowd of raving and partying people. Many who played tonight probably didn't get to come back to this so called 'utopia', but the dreaded EDM music blasting completely shows how nobody cares.

"Rate."

She thinks in silence before deciding; "Probably an eight. Pretty fun, but I don't like being sore."

Chishiya puffs out a laugh at her reasoning, deep down silently agreeing. He had just stayed at the beach this evening, not one to simply go to a game for leisure like the brunette. Simply staying at the sidelines of the resort once more, he comes across Mayu who had just arrived.

"Kuina hasn't come back yet?"

She asks, removing the wrapper of a lollipop she had pocketed.

The male shakes his head. "Probably not, she'd be here already if so."

She nods in understanding before bringing out her new favorite music player and cassette. Such gadgets are much more complicated to use, but they had grown on her, becoming that of a comfort item.

Inserting one bud into her ear, she passes the other to Chishiya as he mirrors her actions.

State of the Nation by Industry

'I see them marching off to war

They're looking so heroic.

I'm told they won't be gone for long,

But thats a lie and they know it'

Though the melody was groovy and its beat almost cheery, the song's lyrics were what struck the two.

'Ten thousand gone they won't return,

Never to be seen again

Strategic games are all we learn

In the end'

The regular members of the 'utopia' are either brainwashed or forced, either fooled by Hatter's lies of 'returning back together' or killed from attempting to leave. Every night, Mayu witnesses the leader's (boring, scripted, and utterly annoying) speeches and every night, she watches his pawns get thrilled and ready for their games. So much excitement yet many never clear their respective games. As the song would say:'marching off to war', a portion is never seen again. This place is Hatter's heaven and to the girl, it is clear that it will not last.