What He Doesn't Know- chp 13

Chapter 13

With the new knowlege that I had gained from Devon it was now time to make a plan. Somehow I had to find Grace, she would obviously know where and how to contact Richard which would make me able to show him how much I've changed. I wasn't entirely sure that she wanted me to ever see her brother again but I didn't care because if she  knew what was good for her she would cooperate.

A week later I took my lunch break to meet with Abbey at our usual cafe. She was going to help me find Grace.

"Are you alright Dana?" She asked as I took the seat opposite to her.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well it's just that you seem paler."

"Maybe it's all in your head, anyways," I began ruffling through my bag, "I did some research and found out that she doesn't have a job so we can't check the local businesses.- Uh can't find the paper with her info on it." I said in frustration.

She sighed. "Hand it over, you were never very good at looking for things. it's like you expect the thing to jump out and say 'here I am' " she said rolling her eyes. I reluctantly handed her the bag, I only had an hor and couldn't afford to waste it.

As she looked through the bag I noticed a waiter coming over with our order. Since I was always showing up late Abbey got into the habit of ordering before so by the time I arrived we could eat. He put my meal before me then did the same for Abbey's. We thanked him and he was gone. I watched her rummage for another minute or two then I picked up my sanwich. As it got close to my nose I felt a wave a nausea run through me. What the hell? This was my favourite sandwich, I ate it so often. I tried putting it to my mouth and after the first bite felt myself gag. Abbey looked over at me instantly.

"Dana do you still think that you're okay?"

"Yes it's nothing to worry about, I told you I took the morning after pill that was in my bag."

She raised an eyebrow challengingly, "You mean this morning after pill?" She asked as she pulled it from the bottom of my bag.

Oh no . . .

Somehow I knew  was forgetting something . . .

"Or am I confusing it for the other invisible one that you 'took' ."

"No that's not possible, let's see when I got home I phoned you then . . . then I . . . -crap I fell asleep!" 

"Mm-hmm." She sounded critical.

"Crap Abbey what am I going to do?!" I sounded franctic and more than alittle scared. I couldn't be having Richard baby, especially since he didn't want me in his life and I hadn't found a way to get myself back into his life muchless to convince him to invite the baby of a whore in. What was I going to do? Walk right into his office and tell him that i coincidentally got pregnant from a one nighter just when he decided to leave me. Rubbish he would probably tell me that I got knocked up the very next night but needed someone to pin the wrap on. I couldn't go through that.

"You have to tell him Day."

"I-I can't-he-he wouldn't believe me and I can't go through that."

"But Day-"

"I said I can't Abbs now dropped it!" I snapped. I didn't mean to but the thought of seeing him again under these circumstances.

"Fine." She said, raising her hands in resignation, "Though since this would be his first child I bet he would have really wanted to know. He could have an heir and if I were him I would hate you for keeping that kind of info away from me."