What He Doesn't Know- chp 18

Chapter 18

The sound of my phone woke me the next morning. I reached over to get it off the night table by the bed and answered it; still feeling groggy from the day before.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dana, this is Andrew- did I wake you? You sound sleepy."

"Huh oh no, um I'm awake. What is it?"

"Well it's just that there's this gallery that's opening up to the public for one day and that's today and I wanted to know if you would be interested in going."

"That sounds great, but I can't . . . " I said now remembering the events that took place the day before. I suddenly found myself wondering how Kalie slept  last night. There was an incessant pounding at my door. What the hell? "Um Andrew can you hold on a sec some asshole is banging off my door and I'm about to give him or her, I really don't care, a piece of my mind. Do me a favour and remove the phone from your ear ." I said as I hopped angrily off my bed. My head spun instantly and I nearly fell back down. For as long as I lived I would never use pills to kill myself- ugh.

I marched down the hall and grab unto the door knob aggressively.

"What the hell you idiot quit banging on my damn door so early in the frickin' morning!-" I shut up as  gazed into his furious, deep green eyes. I nearly took a step back but I reminded myself that he wouldn't hit me. I slowly brought the phone back to my ear and in a near whisper I said, "Andrew . . . I'm gonna need to call you back . . ."

"Wai- Dana-"

I hung the phone with my eyes glued to his perfect face. What had I done to deserve such a favour as to be able to look upon his face again?

"First of all it's not early it's already a few minutes to 1." He said in a professional tone. Well that would explain why Andrew was so shocked when he thought that I was still sleeping. Had I really slept that long? "And second, what did you do to Kalie? She absolutely refuses to come home and she threatened to throw herself off  the boat if I tried taking her across the harbour."

My heart sank and I felt a weak smile come unto my face.

"What could you possibly find funny in what I just said?" He asked with a sign.

I shook my head ruefully, "Nothing really . . .it just seems that we both have suicidal actions."

"That reminds me, what was all of that last night? We're you feeling alright?"

"As alright as anyone who swallowed nearly half a bottle of sleeping pills could be." I said with an innocent smile.

His eyes shot open wide, "Half a bottle Dana?!" He blinked twice then his expression seemed as furious as when he just arrived. "What were you thinking?! Do you know just how worried I was?"

"Well why would you care?!" I shot at him. Worried? I didn't think so. He had no reason to care ad in the past month or so he didn't have the slightest bit of concern for me  so why the hell would he care now?

He ignored the question and stepped past me. I wacthed in utter shock as he began walking around as if he owned the place as I leaned against the door post. Was he for real? "Where's the other half of the pills?" He asked without looking at me.

"I was about to gut them down when you showed." I said sarcastically, shifting my weight from one leg to the other. He glared over at me obviously annoyed that I could make fun at something so morbid. I wanted to smile again but this time I supressed it. I was just kinda happy that he was here, as odd as that sounded considering the situation. I sighed, "I flushed them down the toilet right before going back to my room and passing out."