What He Doesn't Know- chp 23

Chapter 23

--- Richard's POV---

My intentions were very clear as I left Dana's house. Personally I thought that I was going to enjoy watching him squirm when I got done with him. It wouldn't take much, especially now that I knew that my darling daughter had seen everything. . .Oh this would be fun.

When I entered the studio it looked empty. I could only hope that they didn't close while I made a quick stop off. I sighed as I got out of my car and headed towards the building. Going inside confirmed most of my suspicion. The place was empty but I heard some amount of shuffling coming from the office that had Mr. O'Connor's name on it. I felt a smile come across my face. It wasn't intentional but I couldn't help but smile. The guy had it coming and I really hoped that he wouldn't go for option one in my plan so I could use option 2 and simply pound the shit out of him. I much preferred that one. It was a shame that I was such a gentleman sometimes . . .

I walked over to his office and knocked so he would know that I was coming in. When I entered he gave me a look of bitter contempt.

"What do you want Hanistan, I'm a busy man and I must be at the newspaper agency by 5."

"That's exactly what I came to talk to you about. You see, I don't think I'll allow you to post any articles of Dana in the newspaper."

"I didn't know that I needed your permission to exercise my right to freedom of speech."

"You don't but if I were you I would use a nicer tone."

"And why is that?"

"Take a look at this and answer your own question." I said, extending a sheet of paper toward him. He looked at me doubtfully but I gestured for him to take the paper. With some amount of hesitation he took the paper and began reading it. I must say that the look on his face was priceless by the time he had gotten to the end of the page. I even knew which lines gripped him the most. "The thing is I made a stop over at the newspaper agency myself before coming over here and the guys there say they have no problem publishing my column. Now I'm not a bad guy Andrew, really you are, however I'm willing to forget that you even exist if you drop whatever obsession of getting revenge on Dana that you might have acquired." He stared at me without a word for quite sometime before he spoke.

"How did you even get this info? Did the whore tell you all this?"

"No actually, Dana didn't, I got all this from her daughter who you've left traumatized." I saw his face lose some of its colour. Good to know that he possessed somewhat of a conscience.

A smirk slowly came across his face. "You can't sell this story and even if you did no one will go off of the testimony of some little girl."

"Oh but it looks like you weren't paying much attention were you. Kalie's not a little girl by the standards of the court and she saw everything. It's a shame for you as well because her skills of recollection are supberb." I raised an eyebrow for emphasis. "She remembers everything.

"Everything huh?"

I didn't like the new look on his face. It made him seem like he had the upper hand even though he was clearly defeated.

"Yes . . ."

"Well I think that she lied to you there." I gave him a puzzled look. "I bet she never saw in detail the look of her mother's face as I took her." My eyes widened at his statement. So that was how he planned to play it. "And I bet she never told you just how good Dana felt that night."

"Stop it." I snapped at him.

"Why? I might as well tell you since you're so eager to come to her rescue. Shouldn't you know what you saved her from, or should I say what you couldn't save her from?" He raised his eyebrow challengingly.

"Shut the hell up." I said through my teeth.

"No way. Yeah she cried and she squirmed abit but you know what else? Not once did I feel her trying to push me away. Yeah it would have been futile but atleast she would have known that she tried fighting. That slut wanted it whether you believe it or no-"

I knocked him square in his jaw and it sent him hurdling towards the ground. I hadn't originally intended to hit him but he had gone too far. How dare he do such a thing to her then say she was asking for it?!

He got up with a smug expression. "Heh, what ever happened to you being a gentleman, huh Hanistan?" He taunted.

"You don't deserve me being anything but harsh to you. What kind of man would go into a defenseless woman's house, knowing full well her sitaution and that her daughter was there? How can you even look at yourself in the mirror?"

"Okay yeah, you're right I shouldn't have approached her the way I did but you know what? It felt damn good. She felt damn good under me and if I had the chance I would do it again in a heart beat. I don't think you understand Hanistan, when she cries it's different from when other women cry. Her crying is almost . . .intoxicating if you will."

"You sick bastard!" I shouted as I gripped him by his shirt. I couldn't stand the thought of him touching Dana the way he did; especially since he was enjoying her pain. How digusting. I raised my hand to hit him again when I saw an arrogant smirk come across his face.

"Go ahead hit me. The news building will be very pleased to get this breaking story." I gave him a puzzled look. What was talking about . . . ? "You see that little thing on my desk? It's a camera. I knew you were coming and after what went down at the mansion I figured you were a man prone to violence and I was ready for you from the moment you walked in. Now get your hands off me so we can work something out."

I glared at him but let him go. I should have known that he would have tried something like this. It annoyed me that I hadn't seen this coming.

"Good." He said after some time. "Have a seat and we can discuss this like the civilized men we pretend to be."

I gave him a doutful look before sitting across from him at the table. I wasn't sure what there was to talk about but I was willing to listen . . .to an extent. . .

---Dana's POV---

I sat on the couch in the livingroom literally watching the time go by slowly. With each minute that past I found myself wondering why he hadn't come back yet. What was taking him so long? Had Andrew done something to him?!

I took a deep breath to calm myself. Everything would be fine. Richard would not hit Andrew and make the situation worse. He would be a real man . . . yeah . . .he would be a man. There was absolutely nothing to worry about. . .

---Andrew's POV---

I had the prick now. He was on my turf and I was ready to start having fun . . .