What He Doesn't Know- chp 14

Chapter 14

My heart pounded furiously as I made my way to the restaurant that would determine whether or not I saw Richard today. Andrew had given me the day of because I explained that I had some urgent business that needed to be taken care of. Pulling in I instantly saw Grace as she sat by a window in a corner with none other than Devon's father. So the kid did know what he was talking about . . .

I walked inside and saw her face turn pale as she saw me. This boosted my confidence and I strutted over to her.

"Mr. Mihailo, hi, how's you're wife? Grace is that you? Wow, small world isn't?" I said with a spiteful smile. Robert smiled over at me, with no indication that hefelt remorse for being caught having lunch with another women. How typical of a man.

Her face flushed as she stared up at me. "Oh . . . Dana . . . what are you doing here?" She asked while nervously playing with a lock of her hair. Oh yeah, she knew she was found out.

"Nothing special really I just need to speak to you over there for a quick minute." I continued with a pleasant tone.

She stared over at the man with uncertainty, almost as if she was silently begging him not to say it was okay. But like all men he was so completely oblivious that he merely kissed her hand then told her he would be waiting right there for her to get back. She shot him an incredulous look but even to that he seemed completely oblivious. She stared back over to me and and I gestured for us to step outside. She rose in defeat and followed me through the exit.

"Listen Da-"

"No I'm done listening it's your turn. Now I'm pretty sure that things wouldn't go so well for you if the media found out that you were having a clandestine relationship with a married man. The way I see it you could be in some hot water if this were to spread."

"You wouldn't."

"Wouldn't I?" I asked challengingly. She had no idea who she was messing with did she?

She sighed in resignation. "What do you want?"

"You to help me get a meeting with Richard."

"What? Why?" She asked, clearly not understanding, "Didn't you two break up?"

"Yes and ever since it's been really difficult to get in contact with him because whenever I go he's in a meeting. Can you help me or not?"

"So you didn't come to get some kind of payback with black mail?"

"No I just need your help."

She looked doubtfully at me. "But that's not how life works. It's not suppose to be so simple."

"Well at this point I can't handle anymore complications so just be greatful okay?"

"What kind of complications have you gotten into?"

I took a deep breath. "I'm having Richard's child and I need to somehow contact him so he can know but without your help that won't be possible." Her eyes widened at the news.

"Oh wow, that does complicate things doesn't it? Alright I'll help you but no promises, Richard can be a real hard head when he's upset."

"You'll help me?!" I was still kinda shocked. People like her didn't given in so easily, life just never was that simple, well for people like me anyway.

"Ofcourse. There's something about you Dana that I have yet to find in myself and I admire it. You might not be as bad as I originally assumed you were." She said thoughfully. "Hm . . . today's Thrusday so . . . come with me." She said at last before walking over to her car. Follow with your car."