Prologue

"I don't care that they are threatening us! I can take them!"

Her father gently put his hand on her shoulder, "I need you to do this for me. Please. I don't want to see you get hurt. It is one thing to threaten me, but I will not let them hurt you."

"I am strong enough to take them on!"

"Cyra! You are underage! Even if you use your quirk in self-defense, they are going to try and twist reality to portray you as breaking the law!" He sighed, "Please humor me and go to your mother. I didn't want to tell you this until you were older, but I need to tell you about her. Your mother is named Inko Midoriya."

"Inko? You told me that she was named Myra Keydon."

He sighed, "I know. We had an agreement not to tell you anything about the other side of the family. She didn't like my activism, so we split. I need to tell you-"

The door flung open, "Sir! Sorry to interrupt, but we need to get going. You are both going to miss your flights if we don't leave now!"

"Dad, I don't know anyone in Japan. I am going to be lonely."

He kissed her on the forehead, "I need you to go. It won't be forever, just until things settle down. Plus, you will be going to school there for the year."

She sighed, "Fine. I'll go to my mom. Please, don't get hurt! Promise me that I can come home soon!"

"I promise. Now go with Harrison to your plane. I will call you when I finish my interview tonight. You are fifteen, so I expect you to behave. Don't let your temper get the best of you. I love you so much! I'll talk with you later!"

He watched his daughter walk out of his office with a lingered feeling of regret. I wish that she could have had a normal childhood. But, if I don't stand up for our rights, then no one will.