Chapter 14: Unexpected Encounter At The Mall

Mina texted me early the next morning, begging me to go shopping with her and the rest of the class.

Alien Queen: I need you to come! Please!

Phoenix Witch: I don't know. I haven't been feeling up for social interactions lately.

Alien Queen: Don't you have things that you need to buy for the camp?

Phoenix Witch: Yeah, I guess so. 

Phoenix Witch: Fine. I'll come. But, if I'm coming, I'm gonna bring Izuku with me.

Alien Queen: Great! Thank you!

I sighed and looked at the clock. Great. I only got two hours of sleep last night. Rubbing my eyes, I almost fell as I climbed out of the top bunk. I really need to work on my fear of the dark. It took me a while to get ready for the day due to my lack of sleep.

Finally, I managed to drag Izuku to the mall. Most of our class was waiting for us outside. "Woohoo! Let's split up into smaller groups to grab the things that we need, and then we can meet back together!"

Mina grabbed my arm. "You're coming with me!"

I shook my head. "I need to stick with Izuku."

"Please, he's hanging out with Uraraka!" I sighed and let her drag me to a clothing store. "Try on this dress!" 

"I have a bad feeling. I need to check on Izuku." I spun on my heel and ran back to the central food court. Uraraka ran away from Izuku, making him look down at his shoes. "Looks like I'm your new partner now." I laughed and gently bumped my elbow into his side. "Is everything alright?"

He sighed. "I don't know. Uraraka said something about getting bug spray to keep the pests away, and then she ran away from me."

An arm wrapped around my shoulder, and a familiar voice began talking while his hand wrapped around my throat. "Wow! I can't believe that I get to see you again!" He lowered his voice so that only Izuku and I could hear him. "Act like we are friends." 

I stiffened as I turned slightly and noticed that it was the man who had injured Aizawa at the USJ attack. "We could shout for help."

He chuckled. "Then you would die. How many people do you think I would be able to disintegrate before the heroes arrived?" He forced us to sit next to the water fountain. "What makes me so different from Stain?"

I winced as Izuku sounded confident. "Stain has a purpose. You don't."

"Izuku! Shut up!"

The hand around my throat tightened. "Don't anger me." He turned back to Izuku, "Tell me more."

"For Stain and I, it began with All Might."

"Screw him. Stop idolizing him."

"All Might. Interesting."

I glared at the man. "What is with everyone and All Might? He doesn't deserve to be called a hero."

"Cyra! Don't!" I gasped for breath as the blue-haired man squeezed my neck.

"Don't forget that everyone else's lives rest on you. But, I finally understand! Everything has to do with All Might!"

Blinking back tears, I gasped for air as his grip steadily tightened until another voice rang through the air. "Midoriya, Hearth. Who is that?"

Izuku waved his hands frantically, "We're fine!"

Uraraka took a step back, "Is that Shigaraki?"