Chapter 23: Best Night Of My Life

I scowled. Kaminari is late. I can't wait here much longer unless I want to become a fucking liar like him. Giving up on Kaminari showing up, I headed back to the dorm and joined Mina in her room.

"Yay! I was wondering if I would have to come to find you." She sat me down on her bed and pulled out ten pallets of eyeshadow, her many types of brushes, a fist full of lipstick tubes, and a small purse of perfumes. I carefully applied the eyeliner the way that she had shown me yesterday. "How do I look?"

Mina clasped her hands together. "So good! But we're not done yet" She pulled my hair into a high ponytail and twisted the hair left out on either side of my face around her finger to give it a more defined curl. "Turn around. I have a ribbon to tie around your waist." I turned as Mina said, and she wrapped a wide yellow sash around my waist.

Mina smiled and made a circular motion with her finger, so I did a small circle in front of the mirror. The ribbon seemed to button together so that there was no excess hanging down my back. I wrapped my arms around Mina's neck. "Thank you so much! This is going to be the best night ever!"

We walked down to the commons and laughed as we realized we were the last ones to leave. Mina wrapped herself around my arm as we walked through the chilly path to the gym that the 3rd years had gotten permission to use. Mina opened the door, letting the dance music spill out. I scanned the room for Iida and spotted him walking this way with two cups in his hand.

I smiled and stepped forward as a flittery feeling in my stomach appeared. He walked past me and handed one of the cups to Uraraka. Smiling, she locked eyes with me and took the cup from his hand, then leaned in and kissed him. A pit was forming in the bottom of my stomach as I watched them begin to make out.

"Cyra, you should go find..." Mina followed my eyes and spotted the scene playing out in front of us. "Oh. I'm so sorry. Let's go over..."

"No." I cut her off and stalked over to Iida. "What is this?"

He turned to me and scoffed. "Did you really think I liked you?" He hadn't stuck me but it still felt like a blow. "Wow. Apparently, all it takes to get a girl to think you like her is to say a few nice things, buy her one dinner, and ask her if she wanted to go to a dance."

"So that whole time, you were playing me?" I let out my own scoff. "And I bet you were really with her. Weren't you? That makes sense, seeing that both of you are just a pair of assholes. I can't believe I trusted you! I told you about what the League did to me!"

"Yeah, and about what you told me, I can't remember who exactly might have overheard our conversations at dinner, or who I might have told about that. Sorry." I clenched my fist, longing to sock him but I knew that would just cause excess trouble.

"Fuck off." Mina gently laid a hand on my shoulder to try to get me to leave but I ignored her and turned to Uraraka. "And you, I hope you're pleased with yourself. You got such a nice catch, I'm soo jealous. Have fun with your Bitch of a boyfriend." Mina tugged more urgently on my arm, so I let her pull me away.

She wrapped her arms around me. "Are you all right?"

I nodded and wiped away a few tears that had snuck their way out the corner of my eyes. "Yeah. I can't believe he turned out to be such a jerk. I mean, I really thought that he genuinely wanted to get to know me and apologize for his behavior. Guess I was wrong."

Mina nodded. "Well, we came here to have a good time, so let's not let him ruin it! I am going to make sure you have a great time tonight!" She dragged me to the dancing area and forced me to dance. To be honest, the music helped me forget what had just happened.