Chapter 27: The League's Demise

I paced back and forth in front of the dining table, waiting for Shoto to come downstairs. Today is the day. I need to take down Shigaraki. My pulse kept increasing, and I could feel a pounding in my head.

"Cyra, are you alright?" Shoto gently grasped my elbow and led me to a seat. "Don't stress yourself out too much. You might pass out if you keep that up."

I took a few deep breaths and rubbed my forehead. "I know. I know. I'm just under a lot of pressure right now. This weekend, I need to take out Shigaraki. Next weekend, I need to testify against what's his face. I'm also frustrated that Halloween lands next weekend as well!"

Wrapping his arms around me, Shoto plants a kiss on my head. "Once we finish our mission, I'll take you shopping using my dad's credit cards."

"I've seen you use his cards before. Does he realize that you've stolen them?"

"Nope. He's so rich that he hasn't noticed anything I've bought."

I smiled and leaned into his arms. "I'll take you up on that promise, but we should get going." He nodded, and we both grabbed our bags. I looked around the room again to check that no one else was around before leading Shoto out of the building. We walked hand in hand to the park where I met up with Toya a week ago. Then we continued to the abandoned warehouse.

I stepped inside first and tossed my bag onto one of the couches. "Just put your bag here. Shigaraki won't mind."

Shigaraki pushed himself off his couch. "Whatever. I do have to say that I'm surprised to see Endeavor's other son here."

Shoto shrugged. "That asshole has hurt so many people that I'm surprised more haven't joined you in taking those kinds of heroes down. My father pushed my mother to the edge and off it. She was so broken that she burnt half my face!" He gestured at his scar angrily before pulling himself back together. "I tried to refuse using my left side, as a way of rejecting him, but what's more ironic than using his fire to tear down his great pedestal?" Note to self: Complement Shoto on everything. Second note to self: See if he wants to go to a therapist. Third Note: Arrest his father.

Shigaraki studied him for a minute before shrugging. "As long as you help me as much as Dabi has, you are allowed to stay. I was only expecting Cyra, so the two of you will need to stay in one room until we figure something out." He sat back down and waved Toya over. "Dabi, take them to their room. I have an important planning session."

Toya nodded and gestured down the hall with his head. Shoto and I picked up our bags again and followed him down the hallway. He pushed open a door to a room that seemed to have been some sort of break room before the place was abandoned. "How many rooms like this are there?"

Toya shrugged. "I don't know." As he turned, a piece of paper fell out of his pocket. He closed the door behind himself to let us grab the paper. Shoto unfolded it and showed me the map that Toya had drawn. I nodded, and he tucked it into his boot.

We placed our bags on the floor next to the mattress that was in a corner of the room. I let out a sigh and wrapped my arms around Shoto. "Sleep a night? Or attack today?" I whispered in Shoto's ear.

He turned and nuzzled into my neck. "Try for today. I want..."

The door opened, and Shigaraki looked at us blankly. "I want you both at this meeting. Some of my stronger underlings are here, and I want them to see the two of you. My prized hero students."

I rolled my eyes. "We're not your hero students. We came here to help you, not be your pawns."

He glared and pressed his chapped lips together. "Just come back to the main room."