Chapter 7: I Need To Win The Sports Festival

This is my first time adding music, so if you like it could you let me know? If you don't I can go back to just pictures. For the best timing, I put a note in the story when I would recommend starting it, but of course you could listen to it when ever.

The two weeks flew by, and before I knew it, the day of the festival had arrived. I pulled out my phone and dialed Dad's number. It rang for a few minutes before going to voicemail. "Hey, Dad, I'm sorry for not calling. These past two weeks have been hectic. I just wanted to tell you that my school is hosting a sports festival today. It is getting broadcast. So I was hoping that you could watch it if you have time. I can't wait for you to see how much I have improved and learned since I came to Japan. I'll talk to you later! Bye!" I ended the message and sighed. "Today is the day."

I clipped a large black bow on the back of my head and splashed my face with some water. "Come on, Cyra. You've got this!" I told this to my reflection, trying to ignore the bundle of nerves in my stomach. Izuku and I hugged Mom goodbye as we headed out. She told us that she was proud of us and wished us luck. Our walk to school was silent. Both Izuku and I were stuck in our heads, thinking about the festival.

Once we reached the school, we headed to a waiting room, where Mina was pouting, "I wanted to wear my costume."

I nodded, "Me too! I just got a notice that my new costume is finished and ready for use! I can't wait to see what it looks like!"

Izuku looked over at me incredulously, "How different is it from the one Mom made for you?"

I flushed and avoided eye contact, "I only changed the style, color, and material of it."

His cheeks puffed out like an angry chipmunk, "Mom designed and sewed that up for you!"

"Sorr-y! But that red clashed terribly with my hair! And don't get me started on the neckline! What was she thinking? I am fifteen! Not to mention the fact that the sleeves got caught on everything, and when the villains attacked, one of them grabbed onto the tail!"

Ojiro patted my shoulder, "Looks like some sibling rivalry is starting to show! Let's save that for the competition!"

At that moment, the boy whose hair was half red and half white walked over to Izuku, "Midoriya."

"Todoroki? What is it?"

He looked down at Izuku, "I think that I'm stronger than you. But All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?" I watched as Izuku tensed up. "I'm not trying to pry about that. But I'm going to beat you."

Kirishima got up and put his hand on Todoroki's shoulder, "Hey, hey, hey! Why are you picking a fight?"

Todoroki shrugged him off and turned away, "We're not here to make friends, so what does it matter?"

My eyes flickered back and forth as I tried to decide if I needed to step in or not. "Todoroki," I looked over at Izuku, who had begun to speak, "I don't know what you're thinking when you say that you'll beat me, but of course, you're better than me."

Kirishima looked between Izuku and Todoroki before talking to Izuku, "Midoriya, you probably shouldn't talk so negatively..."

"But I can't afford to fall behind. I'm going at it with everything I've got!"

An older student poked his head into the room, "First years, you need to head to your terminal. It is almost time for you to enter the stadium." We all nodded and followed him out of the room.

We could Hear Present Mic over the speakers, "the U.A. sports festival is about to begin! Everybody, are you ready? It's time for the students to enter the first-year stage!"