Chapter 18: Hospital Interrogation

Cyra's POV

Beep, beep, beep. The beeping grew louder and faster as I woke up. A door opened, and a woman's voice called to me. "It's okay. Deep breaths." She knelt next to me and took a breath, trying to get me to calm down. "It's okay. You are safe now."

I followed her breathing and looked around the room. "Where am I? What happened?"

The woman sighed. "You are at a hospital. The heros were able to rescue you from The League of Villains. We have some officers and heroes who would like to talk with you about what happened."

"I need to see my family first! I need to see that they're okay!"

The lady shook her head. "I'm sorry, but that's not an option right now. We need to know what happened while you were kidnapped."

The door swung open again, and Aizawa entered the room. "Mr. Aizawa! Is my family alright? How is Izuku?"

He sat on the foot of my bed and scrutinized me for a second before answering. "They are alright. A lot better, now that we were able to rescue you and Bakugo."

"You don't understand! Shigaraki said that he would hurt them if I didn't comply!" The heart monitor's beeping picked up again. "I need to see them! I need Izuku! They need to be okay!"

The woman entered the room again. "Sir. I need you to leave. She is panicking too much."

I grabbed Aizawa's sleeve as he got up. "Please don't go!"

He gently pulled out of my grasp. "I will be back with your family. I promise."

After he left the room, the lady jabbed a needle into my arm, making the room swim.

3rd Person POV

Aizawa rubbed his eyes as he left the room. "Shota! How is she? The doctor said that Hearth woke up."

"Yeah. She freaked out because Shigaraki threatened to hurt her family." He sighed. "How is Bakugo?"

Present Mic bit his lip. "All of his injuries are healed. But he is screaming at us, demanding that we let him see Hearth."

"These problem children. I am surprised by the loyalty and bonding that has developed in this first half of the year. Todoroki has begun breaking out of his shell, Bakugo seems to have started caring about people, Hearth has stepped forward with her beliefs, and Kirishima is becoming more confident. I need to work with Izuku. His confidence has dropped significantly."

Present Mic wrapped an arm around Aizawa and pulled him into a tight embrace. "He'll be alright."

Nodding, Aizawa sank into Mic's arms. "I hope so."

Heels clicking on the linoleum floor echoed down the hall. Aizawa and Mic turned to the doctor. "Are you, Mr. Yamada and Mr. Aizawa?"

"Yes, Ma'am. How are our students?"

She flipped through her clipboard before looking up. "Well, Cyra Hearth has been stabilized again. The Hero Commission needs her to answer questions regarding her time spent with The League of Villains."

Aizawa crossed his arms before glaring at the doctor. "She wants to see her family. I don't think that you will get anything meaningful from her until she has the chance to see them."

Glancing at her wrist, the doctor frowned. "The Commission was very clear. Hearth needs to be deemed well enough before she can see anyone outside of the doctors and heroes."

"Why are you acting this way about her and not Bakugo? He isn't taking this experience any better than she is!"

The doctor shrugged. "I'm sorry. I have no control over this."