Chapter 13: Admit That I'm Right, All Might

3rd Person POV

Aizawa looked at Nezu before beginning the staff meeting. "We need to discuss the practical exam. The robots are unrealistic. I want us, teachers, to fight against the students. I don't care that there might be pushback. This will give them a more realistic experience."

The teachers nodded, some with their faces in thought. "But, we don't want to win too easily, or else we won't be able to give them a grade."

"I know. That is why we will want to put a handicap on the teachers. What do you think Nezu?"

Nezu stared at his paper before answering. "I think that the only solution is for the students to get stronger."

Aizawa shrugged. "Alright. For pairings I want Yaoyomo and Todoroki paired against me. I will erase their quirks to force them into close combat, which they are weak against."

"Sounds good."

Looking at All Might, Aizawa spoke again, but carefully watched his reaction. "I will leave Bakugo and Midoriya to you."

All Might leaned back a little. "I'm not sure that is a good idea."

Aizawa raised an eyebrow. "I didn't pair them based on skill or grades. Simply how much they can't get along. Or, is there another reason that you don't want to fight them?"

"I don't think that Midoriya is capable of fighting against me right now."

"Why do you think that is?"

Sweat began dripping down the sides of All Might's face. "You surely heard about what he tried to do two days ago. Surely you would agree that he should sit out the parts of the exam that are too strenuous."

Nezu took a sip of tea as he locked eyes with All Might. "We all heard about what happened. I talked with Recovery Girl and Hound Dog. They both agree that he should be just fine for the finals."

"I don't know." All Might shook his head. "I don't feel comfortable with letting Young Midoriya do the exam. He might get hurt."

"Why would this be any different than the past?" Nezu raised an eyebrow. "He has broken lots of bones with his quirk through the first semester, but he's getting better at controlling it."

All Might fidgeted in his seat under Aizawa and Nezu's glares. "Um-"Aizawa pursed his lips as he continued to glare at All Might. "Is there something else that you might want to bring to our attention regarding Midoriya?"

"N-No."

"Are you sure? I talked with him in the hospital, and he seemed upset about something. I asked him, but he told me to ask you." All Might broke eye contact and avoided looking at any of the teachers. "What happened with Midoriya?" When All Might refused to say anything else, Aizawa sighed and turned back to his list. As he read out the pairings, he would look up occasionally to glare at All Might.

Nezu cleared his throat partway through. "I have a question. Why did you put Hearth against Midnight with Sero? Hearth wouldn't be very affected by Midnight's quirk like Sero would be."

Aizawa frowned. "I know. I could switch her with Kaminari. What do you think?"

"Sure, Kaminari can go against Midnight, but I think that the twins should go against All Might. Bakugo can go against me. While the twins get along better, they only met each other right before this school year started. Knowing kids of that age, being forced together all of a sudden can produce plenty of friction."

Cyra's POV

After three days of written exams, it was a relief for Aizawa to escort us to one of the training grounds. I raised an eyebrow at the sight of all of the teachers waiting for us.