Chapter 17: Thank You Dabi

Cyra's POV

"I... I guess I'll help you." What am I thinking? I'll never get my hero license if I work with these guys. Maybe I don't want their license. I could use the League's power to do good and show the injustices that need to change! 

My eyes darted back to Shigaraki, who was grinning like a madman. "I knew it! Welcome to The League of Villains!" He glanced at Dabi, "Take her cuffs off."

I held my hands out and held my breath as the lock clicked and the heavy metal cuffs fell to the floor with a clunk. "I only have two conditions to my helping."

Shigaraki raised an eyebrow but nodded for me to continue. "I will be kept a secret. And, I will not do anything to aid in killing anyone."

"I am the boss of you! You will do as I say!"

Kurogiri put a hand on Shigaraki's shoulder. "I think that those are reasonable demands for someone who didn't want to join us in the first place."

"Fine! Take her to her room and keep her from causing problems!"

I sank onto the bed and buried my face in my hands. "Stupid! Why did I say that? I don't want to hurt anyone!"

"You probably shouldn't say that kind of thing out loud." I froze and looked up at Dabi. He smiled softy and sat next to me. "I could help you get away if that's what you really want. Though, I couldn't promise that your family would be safe."

"I can't risk it. My family needs to stay safe!"

He nodded and ran a hand through his black hair. "You do know that the only way for them to be safe is for Shigaraki to be gone, right? He will use them as pawns against you."

"I know." I stared at my hands and picked at the edge of my nail. "But, I can't do anything about it. I mean, if I get out of here, I could move them to America and ask them to change their names. Then I would be able to fight Shigaraki without fear of them getting hurt."

"If that's what you want. But, I have a suggestion. You could work your way up the ranks of The League, and then you could overthrow Shigaraki. I will help you with anything you need."

I continued picking at my nail until it cracked, and I tore the white section off. "Why are you so committed to helping me? You said that I remind you of Sho, whoever that is. Who are they?"

He sighed. "Shoto is my little brother."

I felt my eyes widen. "Shoto? As in Shoto Todoroki?"

"Yes. You reminded me of a mixture of myself when I was younger and Shoto. There is still so much potential in you. I want you to be able to use that potential."

Sighing, I began picking at another nail. "Alright. I'll take down Shigaraki. Just promise that if anything happens to me, you will protect my family."

"I promise."

I pealed the end of the nail and dropped it to the floor. "I guess that I have my work cut out for me."

Dabi nodded. "Yeah, but I am here for you." I laid down and felt a wave of exhaustion hit me. As I drifted off to sleep, I thought I heard him whisper to himself. "I really will do anything for you. You're like a little sister to me."

3rd Person POV

Iida paced back and forth as he debated whether to tell the teachers about Kirishima and Todoroki's plan or not. He scowled and made up his mind before storming toward the hospital. 

"I can't believe you're going through with that stupid plan! You need to leave this kind of thing to the professionals!"

A scowl settled on Kirishima's usually cheerful face. "They're our friends! We can't leave them!"