// 19 //

SHUBHAM

I was working on an important project work when a knock appeared at my office cabin door ,"come in !"

"yes ,Ms. Sharma " I spoke . "Sir , Aren't you gonna have your lunch ?" she asked me .I slapped my forehead when I realised I forgot to order ,"Shit ! I forgot to order !" "Then order now !" she told . "Its of no use ! For delivery ,you need to order 1 hour ago or you need to buy it from yourself !"

"Let it be ! It was my fault !" I spoke and continued working . "But sir ,you will fall ill if you skip your lunch !" she said with concern .

Why the fuck she cares? What much will happen if I fall ill ? I will die ! But isn't it good ? Atleast all will stay happy after I leave this world

"What else can I do ? I don't want to leave this work in half just to feed my stomach !" I said with sad voice .

She suddenly spoke ,"Sir , If you don't mind ,I can bring it for you !" I got happy all of a sudden "Really ! Uh- I mean , you don't have to Ms. Sharma . It's ok !" then I realised how I was behaving ,like a small child so I instantly changed my tone . "Sir , don't worry ,I will bring it . You are doing a lot hardwork for our company , can't I do this much ?" she said with a polite smile .

I looked her for some moments with some different expression then smiled ,"What did you said ?" "You work so hard for our company , can't I do this much ?" she repeat . "You really think I work hard for company ?" I asked happily . She nodded .

In my whole life no one has ever noticed my hardwork or never complimented . Not even my dad .

"Taj Mahal restaurant !" I told her the restaurant name.

"huh ?" she looked me with confusion.

"Go to Taj Mahal restaurant and ask for Mr. Malhotra's lunch . They will give you !" I told me .

She was leaving when I stopped her ,"Wait Ms. Sharma !" she turned,"Yes ,sir !" I took out his wallet , opened it and forwarded some money . "Sir , I am not doing this for money !" she told me while frowning .

I chuckled ,"No ms. Sharma , this isn't for you . This is for my lunch !"

Then I noticed she is lost , o god " Ms. Sharma , Where you lost ?" I snapped her . She shook her head in no ,"Sir ,no need I can pay !" she turned to leave but I again stopped . "What sir ?"

I went near her , I opened her palm ,damn I felt current ,her hands are so soft . Keeping the money in her palm ,"Take it ! "I pushed her out .

She came inside , I looked her with an raised eyebrow . "Address ?" she spoke while avoiding to meet her eyes with mine .

I rubbed my hand on my face to hide that small smile ,"It is after two alley !" "okay !" she ran out .

Damn ! Wasn't it cute ?

Then I realised there is stupid smile on my face . What the fuck ?

What is she doing to me ? No Shubham , you can't fall in her trap ,you need your revenge .

I dialed to Taj Mahal hotel and told a plan . I am sure after getting humiliated ,she will not buy anything . I know either she will eat my money or she will do something with it like other employees .

After few minutes , Ms. Sharma entered in my cabin office . “Sir , your lunch !” she gave me a paper bag . How the fuck she got that ? She left my office cabin . I opened it to found ,it was from a dhaba .

Seriously , she really thought ,I gonna eat from a dhaba .

I barged out , “Ms. Sharma , do you really think you will give me some road side pathetic dhaba's food and I will not get to know that ? Well you know what ?! I shouldn't have trusted you , you filthy middle class people , I know people like you , you takes others money and use it for yourself ! Don't you ? ” I shouted .

She looked me teary gaze ,“No sir , not at all ! And about your money !” she opened her wallet and kept the money on my palms just the way I gave her . “I haven't even touched a single penny from your money cause I couldn't able to bring the food you wanted . And yes I am from middle class family but it doesn't mean we middle class people play with others money cause we know the value of a one rupee also which I don't think you rich adn wealthy people know ,who born with a golden spoon in their mouth . All people are not same sir ! And if rich people are like you then i am glad ,I am not rich !”

I looked her with shock . I am regretting for speaking those words to her . I should have listened her first . I was feeling like-

Wait , what ?

Feeling ? Seriously Shubham , feeling ?

I looked at her who was having tear in her eyes , flowing down her cheeks . I reached to wipe them but I brought it back and marched in my office cabin .

-

It was getting hard to concentrate on my works . I was feeling something , something in my chest . I was not feeling well . I noticed the package . I brought it infront of me and opened . The aroma of food and desi ghee hit my nostrils . My stomach grumbled by the view of the food ,they were some breads and with them some kinda gravy . Without wasting much time I hopped on the food .

I finished them and honestly they were thousand time more delicious than all those five star restaurants' dishes .

I ran my fingers through my hair and pulled it hard . That different kind of feeling inside me was eating me. What is it ? Is this called guilt ? But I never felt this before . Why I am feeling this for her ? Is she that special for m- what the fuck I am thinking . No one is special for me .

Remember one thing Shubham ,no one loves you  , all hate you , ALL !

Being frustrated I banged my fist on my table with full force .

I bit my lips . It was getting hard . Without knowing what I was doing ,I opened my door with a loud bang . I stood infront of Ms. Sharma's desk , she looked me with confused expression . “ I AM SORRY !” I blurted out in frustration then I realised what I said . I saw ,she was looking me with surprise .

~ to be continued~

{A/N}

Words : 1085
Published : 30 Oct 2021

Thank you all of you for1k reads , you guys are the best .

Vote

Comment

Follow me
(Guys if you're liking my idea then follow me so that if in future I work on some interesting ideas ,you will know )

Writer,
Pratibha