Chapter 1: The Nightmare

*Disclaimer*
Hello everyone, if you've seen the Lion Guard a few times, than you may understand the story. If you've not seen the Lion Guard, feel free to look it up, maybe watch a few episodes etc... Anyways, Thank you for reading and enjoy!
*Note: This story is based off Disney's The Lion Guard/Lion King series mostly seasons 1&2... there are a few bits based off a few Lion Guard episodes, for example: In the Nightmare, Scar talking to Ushari about his plan... All of the characters are not mine and are credited to Disney and a few YouTube clips below to their rightful owners.*

"Till the Pride Lands end?"
"Lion Guard defend! " said the team. All went their separate ways home for the evening.
Kion the Leader of the Guard and the Prince of the Royal family, went to Pride Rock. All was peaceful and soon Kion went to sleep.
What happened next was going to be a night he'll never forget.

The Nightmare itself:
In his dream Kion had finished his duties and was going to rest when he saw a flickering flame, or was it a trick of light? He was about to go and investigate when he heard voices:

"So the plan was achieved Ushari?" said an unfamiliar voice to him.
Kion continued to listen.
"Yesss, said a voice he recognized.
"All we have left to do is deal with the Royal family, then the Pride Lands would be ours for the taking."
"Ha ha ha yours for the taking?" "I don't think so, get im boys! "
"Enough!" roared the voice. "Janja, that is no way to interrupt our PRIVATE discussion! " "Janja"!? Thought Kion. "Him as well?"
Than to his surprise and fear the voice revealed itself to Kion... just him alone.
"Kion Kion Kion, why if it isn't my Grand Nephew? " "Did you come to join me?"
"No! Never!" Roared Kion in shock.
"Oh is that any way to speak to your Grand Uncle Scar?" said the voice revealing himself in flames. "And here I thought you were the most powerful of them all?" He smirked.
"Forget it Scar! I'm NOT LIKE YOU!" shouted Kion.
Than Kion realized that he was all alone...But he heard his Grand Uncle Scar whisper to him, "Don't underestimate your Grand Uncle Kion, as I ALWAYS get what I want."

Kion woke up in shock.
He was breathing hard which woke up his sister Kiara, who was going to become Queen one day and his mother Nala, who was the current Queen.
"Kion?" she said softly, "Are you Ok?"
"Was it a bad dream?" asked Kiara?
Kion than burst into tears and then Simba the King of the Pride Lands woke up.
"Kion?" he said yawning, "What's going on?"
"I..... I...... gotta run!" gasped Kion and before his family could say another word he was gone.

Fuli had decided to get a drink at the waterhole and she was walking towards where she stayed the night when she heard Kion shouting at something.
She tried to figure out what it was than she heard running footsteps. She was than ran into by some soft fur and soon she heard the sound of muffled crying. She then recognized who it was as they untangled themselves.
"Kion!?" What happened? " She asked concerned.
Kion than spoke stuttering as he did so in-between gasps....
"I was finishing off my rounds when I saw a light....(gasp) I heard voices talking about... getting rid of my family than... having the Pride Lands for themselves.... I heard Janja talking than.... Than... (gasp) he appeared in front of me"(sobs)
"Who? Kion who, what, where?  What are you going on about?"

Unbeknownst to them, Simba had stepped out and was looking for Kion when he overheard them talk... he too was confused when Fuli said "Who, what where, Kion what are you talking about? " He then decided to reveal himself.

"That's exactly what I want to know."
Kion jumped and moved away from Fuli in shock. "Dad? I..."
"Kion." Said Simba, now looking worried. "When you ran out, your Mother, Kiara and I were worried. I overheard what you said... who was it that appeared to you?"
Kion started to panic.
"Dad! I... I just can't tell you.. OW!"
"Kion!" shouted Simba and Fuli.
"No please! Stop! It hurts! "
Unbeknownst to Simba and Fuli, poor Kion was now face to face with none other than Scar himself.
"Kion, Kion, Kion" Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Were you really gonna tell them? Ha! They won't believe you... but no I'm here and...
"Shut Up! Just leave! I don't want to do anything with you!" interrupted Kion.
Scar was furious.
 "Never EVER say that to me again. UNDERSTAND!? " He yelled.
Kion started whimpering as Scar vanished.

Simba and Fuli stared at Kion in shock and confusion.
Who was Kion talking to?
Why was he afraid?
Fuli trotted up to Kion and wrapped her tail around him. "Kion? She whispered softly. Are you... OK?"
Kion looked up at Fuli, she could see there were tears on his face.
"Fuli.... I..." He sobbed into Fuli's chest surprising the cheetah who would have yelled at any other animal to get off her fur.
Simba walked up to them. "Kion please. Talk to me... What happened? "
Kion started whimpering in fear.
Now Simba was really concerned. "Kion?" he said sternly, "What is going on?"
"He appeared to me again.... And...and he said that you wouldn't believe me... he said in my nightmare.... That he was gonna get rid of us and take the ...Pride Lands..(gasp) over."
"Kion?" said Simba calmer now. "Who... was it? And why are you shaking?"
Fuli noticed too and moved her body closer to Kion not caring that she was in front of the King and how embarrassing it was but she did. Kion started to get warm and continued  "It was...."
He paused before revealing:
 "Grand Uncle Scar".
Simba jumped back.
"No... No! Not Scar.... Not my child too... " he broke down sobbing.
Both Kion and Fuli were surprised to see the King sobbing.
Fuli decided it was her time.
"Come on, let's get you guys home and I'll fetch Rafiki. He'll know what to do." She decided to carry Kion on her back and with Simba managing to follow, they made it back to Pride Rock where Nala and Kiara were staring at them in relief.

"Thank goodness you're back!" cried Nala as she gave Simba a hug. Than she realized something was wrong. "Simba... are you alright?"
Simba walked to his sleeping area and started sobbing again. Kiara went to comfort him which he accepted. Nala was now looking at Kion in confusion.
Fuli then cleared her throat. "Your majesty, I'm gonna fetch Rafiki now."
Nala nodded in approval as Fuli rushed off to Rafiki's tree, still staring at Kion.

In his tree, Rafiki was singing "Asente Squash Banana " over and over when he heard a shout. "Rafiki! Are you there? It's urgent! "
"What's so urgent at this hou.. Oh!" He looked down.
"Why if it isn't Fuli the fastest! Are you sick?"
"No Rafiki, but you're needed at Pride Rock... urgently. "
"Ok, Ok, let me just get a few things and I'll be right down".
Fuli sighed.."Bamboos." she mattered.
Rafiki than landed on her. "Well let's go!" he said.
"Hawizi" shouted Fuli as she raced off to Pride Rock Rafiki hollering "Not so fast young cheetah!"

Having made it to Pride Rock, Rafiki and Fuli went inside.
"You're majesties, what happened?" Rafiki asked.
"Rafiki?" called Simba.
"Why Simba... whatever is the matter? "
"Rafiki..." sighed Simba. "Kion's had a nightmare ".
"A nightmare? You're a parent Simba, most cubs have nightmares at this age!"  Rafiki started to chuckle.
Simba got up. "It wasn't a normal one Rafiki."
Rafiki stopped chuckling as he noticed the change of tone.
 Kion... saw... Scar." Simba revealed.
Nala, Kiara and Rafiki looked shocked.
Than they saw Kion staring at them in fright. "Rafiki... I"
"Tell me young Kion." said Rafiki. "When you saw Scar he spoke to you yes?"
Kion sighed " Yes he did Rafiki."
"Now did he appear in fire or the flesh?"
Kion jumped back at the word fire. "He appeared to me in fire Rafiki. "
Rafiki was now concerned. "Tis is not good at all!"
"What!?" shouted everyone.
"I'm afraid it's terrible news. It seems Scar has found his way into you Kion."
Kion stared at him in shock. " Can he get out?" He whispered.
"I'm afraid Kion" started Rafiki. A voice then sounded from above
"There is one way Rafiki " as Mufasa appeared to them all including Fuli.
"Rafiki, Scar has returned hasn't he?"
"Yes Mufasa" said Rafiki.
"Kion", spoke Mufasa softly. "Scar has been talking to you hasn't he?"
"Yes Grandfather Mufasa " said Kion.
"I can see you haven't gave in, but one thing Scar was good at Kion was making anyone agree with him. And it's gonna get harder..."
Kion blacked out but before he did he heard an evil laugh:
"Oh Kion... Said Scar.. Don't forget about what I said".

*End of Nightmare*