Chapter 7: The Scar

Kion felt a horrific pain near his left eye and heard Scar laughing at him. "Sisni na sawa Kion! Now you and I are both the same! "

Kion roared in fury: "WE'RE NOT the same Scar! I'll never be like you!" As the Kings of the Past judged Scar, Scar smirked as he disappeared: "We'll see".

Kion woke up.
His family were still asleep.
He decided to go to the water hole to get a drink. As he arrived and looked at his reflection he gasped.
There near his left eye was a Scar. It looked almost like Scar's one.
He was just about to cry when he heard Fuli.
"Morning Kion."
Kion turned and Fuli looked at his face in shock. "Kion! She gasped "Your face."
"I know Fuli." said Kion his voice breaking.
"What happened?" asked Fuli.
"I don't know." said Kion. " I had a few dreams lately but..." he trailed off.
 Fuli was silent.
She pondered weather to tell Rafiki or Kion's mom.
Suddenly Kiara screamed: "KION! Your eye!" she started to cry.
Fuli looked at Kion and stepped back.
Kion was looking both scared and... panicking. Now his sister knew.
"Please Kiara.... Don't tell Dad."
"I know, but we should let Mom AND Rafiki know Kion." Said Kiara tears rolling down her face. "Fine!" said Kion not intending to sound annoyed....he was worried. As they walked back to Pride Rock they saw Simba standing on the edge of Pride Rock.
"Oh no!" Worried Kion. "I can't let him see me!"
"Don't worry!" said Fuli "I'll distract him while you two find your mom!"
She ran off and Kion and Kiara slipped out of Simba's sight.  Fuli walked up to Simba.
"Good morning your majesty. " she bowed.
"Morning Fuli. Something wrong? " Simba asked.
"Err nothing's wrong your majesty. Gotta go! Bye!" She ran off.
Simba stood there in surprise. Usually Fuli wanted to talk to Nala. "Bye" he said as he went to do his rounds confused.

Kaira and Kion found their Mom.
"Alright guys". Nala smiled. "Good work, take it back to Pride Rock and I'll catch up." As the hunting team walked off Nala saw Kiara.
"Morning Sweetie." she smiled than frowned when she saw Kiara face. "What's wrong Kiara?" she asked.
"Please don't tell Dad" Kiara said.
"What do you mean?" asked Nala confused.
"Follow me" said leading Nala to Kion who had his head down.
"Kion?" asked Nala. "Are you ok?"
Kion looked up at her and Nala gasped. "Kion... h...how did you get that scar?" she whispered.
"I don't know Mom." Answered Kion. "I noticed it as I was getting a drink this morning. "
"Please don't tell Dad" he begged.
"Kion..." said Nala. "Right now we'll get you to Rafiki... But we will have to tell your Father sometime."
"Mom! He'll banish me on the spot! He'll remove me from Pride Rock!" Kion protested.
"Kion calm down!" Said Nala. "Your Father's not going to do that... If he did, than I'll give him a piece of my mind that he'll never forget." She finished. "Anyways, we're here."
The two cubs were surprised that they were already at Rafiki's tree. 

"Rafiki!" she yelled. 
"Good Morning Your Highness." Rafiki bowed. "Please come in" he smiled. As they made themselves comfortable, Rafiki asked Nala what was wrong.
Nala explained about Kion.
Rafiki than examined Kion's eye. He gasped and than remembered that he had seen that injury many years ago but how would he tell Kion what he feared?
Rafiki looked at Kion while Kion, Kiara and Nala anxiously waited for what Rafiki's Explanation.