Chapter 16: The Wedding

The big day had come.
All the animals were heading to pride rock just as the sun was rising.
Except it wasn't for a presentation.... it was for a wedding.
The Pride Lands hadn't seen a wedding since Simba and Nala got married.
Zazu flew over confirming that all was present and he landed and bowed to Simba and Nala who nodded and then they stepped back for Rafiki.
He held his staff signaling for silence.
Mufasa, Sarabi and Sarafina watched from above smiling.

"Animals of the Pride Lands!" Rafiki declared.
"We are honored to have you all join us for this bringing together of two young lovers who had managed to find each other in a time of crisis. Without further ado, Kion and Fuli please step forward." He smiled.
Kion and Fuli stepped forward to the delight of everyone including the rest of the guard.
"Prince Kion of the Pride Lands... leader of the Lion Guard, do you take Fuli as your mate and would you protect and help her even if your life depended on it?" Rafiki asked.
Everyone waited for Kion's response.
 He smiled "I do."
"Fuli, member of the Lion Guard, do you take Prince Kion to be your mate and would you protect and help him even if your life depended on it?" Rafiki asked.
Fuli nodded and smiled at Kion. "I do." she responded.
"I then pronounce you Officially Mates." Declared Rafiki and to the delight of everyone, Kion and Fuli kissed.
"Fuli" Kion whispered. "There's something I wanna ask you later." He smiled.
Fuli nodded.
Simba and Nala stepped forward welcoming Fuli to the Royal family and saying that if something happened to Kiara Fuli would be the first non lion Queen if Kion had to step up into the role and then he dismissed them for the wedding reception.
As everyone was celebrating Kion asked his question: "Fuli, since we're mates, this isn't gonna affect us on the Guard, however I was wondering if you wanted to be Second in command...It's completely up to you." he added.
Fuli thought about it for a few moments than looked at Kion with a smile.
"If it won't affect you than I'm honored to be your Second in Command." she said.
"It won't affect me my love." reasurred Kion smiling.
"From Tomorrow you are "Second in Command of the Lion Guard."
"Wanna dance?" he added.
"Sure." smiled Fuli.
As they danced, everyone smiled and Kion and Fuli felt as if they really were one.

The End