Chapter 2: The Morning After

Kion awoke with a start. The sun was rising and the rest of his family were out.
Kion decided to get a drink at the waterhole before getting breakfast. He was taking a drink when he noticed Fuli coming up to him.
"Kion... are you ok?" she asked.
Kion was confused. "What do you mean?" He asked.
"Well Kion" she said, Oh never mind." Kion was silent.
"Umm Kion? She continued. I was wondering if I could talk to you in... private? "
"Ummm sure?" said Kion wondering why.
He followed Fuli to the Lion Guard Lair.

Kion followed Fuli in what he thought was towards the Lion Guard Lair, but was surprised when Fuli brought him to a hill with a good view of the Pride Lands. Kion stood there in awe admiring the view when Fuli started to talk.
"Kion, she said, I had this feeling last night."
Kion turned to her surprised. "Huh?" he said.
Fuli sighed, "Kion, that feeling was confirmed this morning. "
Now Kion was confused. "Wh..what do you mean Fuli?" he asked as Fuli stared at him.
"Well... she said, I heard you mumbling something in your sleep when I went to see if you were awake a few hours ago and I heard you say something about Scar?"
Kion jumped back in shock. "Fu..Fuli? You... heard me?"
"I wasn't meaning to eavesdrop on you Kion, but you were moving all over the place." Fuli confessed.
Now Kion was in shock but also embarrassed that one of his closest friends saw him in his state and was now confused on what happened. He was trying to think when he felt Fuli's tail wrap around him.
 "Don't worry Kion, I won't talk to anyone about it but... have you told your Parents yet?"
Now Kion was worried, "Dad wouldn't want me to... he's got bad memories of Grand Uncle Scar and I don't want him to panic and get overprotective of me.." He explained.
"I understand Kion, I apologize for throwing it into your mind."
 "It's fine Fuli." He said aloud but deep down, he was wondering if he should tell his Father about it. Fuli than spoke up.
 "Well, let's just enjoy the view shall we?" She offered. "We've got plenty of time."
Kion shook his head. "Maybe another time Fuli." He promised. "Besides we've got Lion Guard duties soon and I need to get breakfast. See you soon!"
As he ran off, Fuli understood what he meant but deep down, she didn't know what to think. She decided to head to the Lair, she didn't care if she was way early than she usually was but she decided to relax a bit before the rest of the team showed up.
"I'll keep talking to him" she thought as she settled down for a nap while waiting. "After all, what are friends for?"

Meanwhile, Kion had just caught an antelope and was just about to eat it when it happened again.
This time, Scar was standing right in front of him, only not in flame, but seemingly in the flesh. With his black mane flowing and his piercing green eyes with a gleam of hate Scar gave Kion a stare.
Kion was now shaking in fear... he couldn't even roar or shout for help.
Scar saw his opportunity... "Well Well Well, if it isn't Kion the son of Simba and the Little leader of the Lion Guard. I must say the way you're shaking isn't quite fierce enough don't you agree?" Kion was now staring, pleading in his mind for Scar to disappear.
Scar decided to leave it. "I'll leave you alone for now Kion, but you may have to Be Prepared for tonight".
And he disappeared laughing, Kion's vision soon returning to normal. Except he had lost his appetite for his breakfast and just stood in shock and fear.
"It can't be." he thought. "Of all lions why me?" He lied down on the ground and sobbed.

Back at the lair, Fuli woke up. She was surprised that the others hadn't arrived yet and she hadn't seen Kion since early in the morning. She decided to go and find him.
It wasn't long before she saw him... she mentally groaned at the sight of what was supposed to be Kion's breakfast but she was very surprised to see Kion crying.
"Ki..Kion?" she asked putting her paw on him. "What happened?"
Kion managed to stop sobbing and looked at his cheetah friend.
"Fuli... he was right here.... Only this time he was..... In the flesh! He....he told me I wasn't fierce enough and... I can't take this anymore! " he sobbed suddenly burying his face into her fur. Usually Fuli would yell at anyone touching her fur to get off, but now she was shocked to feel Kion sobbing in it.
"Kion, it's gonna be fine." She said. "Let's get you home. I'm sure we can figure something out." Kion stopped sobbing.
"You're right Fuli." he sniffed "Let's go home."
As they walked little did they know that Scar had seen everything. "Very soon.." he thought. "Kion will be too terrified to even lead the Lion Guard."
But of course no one could have seen or heard him.
The only one who could was Kion.