Chapter 9: Telling Simba and the Truth

As they were walking to Pride Rock, Kion just kept his head down and his ears flat. Nala carried on but Kiara decided to keep Kion company. She noticed that Kion just looked upset.
"I feel bad that Scar had to go through that..." she frowned. "I still don't get why he killed Grandfather Mufasa though..."
Kion just continued looking at the ground.
Kiara was about to say something else when Nala told them that they were there.
Kiara went up to her Father and than Nala pulled him inside.
"Simba?" She said. "Rafiki says it's time we told Kiara and Kion our past."
Simba stared at her in shock. "I...I can't." he admitted.
"Why not!?" Nala shouted.
Simba's face fell. He hadn't expected Nala to yell at him.
Nala noticed. "I'm sorry Simba." She said.
Simba sighed: "You're right." He admitted. 'It is time."
Kiara walked in and sat down. Simba smiled a weak smile at her. Than he saw Kion. He was walking with his head down.
Simba frowned in confusion. "What happened to him?" he asked.
Nala told him to ask after telling the story.
Kion sat down but still didn't look up. Simba decided to ignore him and tell the story.

"Kion, Kiara?" he said. "You've heard the tale of Scar and his Guard right?"
Kion and Kiara nodded.
"Well, when your Grandfather Mufasa was King, your Great Uncle Scar, who was my Uncle, was originally next in line to be King. But than I was born. I barely remember that day, but your Grandfather and Scar had an argument that day.
Well, a few months later, your Grandfather Mufasa showed me the kingdom.
I went to tell my Uncle Scar all about and he sounded happy about it, but now I know he was faking it. He then told me all about the graveyard and I went there with Nala... oh it was fun getting there." He chuckled...Nala giggled a little remembering.
"But... little did we know it was a trap to kill us." Simba added.

"Why did Scar want to kill two little cubs like you?" asked Kiara.

"Simple." Sighed Simba. "As Mufasa's firstborn son, I was next in line to the throne. As for Nala...I don't know."
Nala shrugged.
"Scar wasn't happy that your Grandfather saved us." Simba continued. 
"And that night, as my father and I talked under the stars, Scar plotted to get rid of both me and your Grandfather.
He took me to the gorge the next day, claiming that my Father had a surprise for me and told me to practice my roar. Well I did... all went well.... until I saw the wilder-beast stampeding towards me."
Kiara and Kion gasped. They had been warned many times about staying away from stampedes but until now..the gorge was a touchy subject.
"I ran for my life clinging onto an old tree waiting for help. I saw Zazu and than I saw my Father. He bravery ran down to save me placed me on a rock but than... he was knocked back into the stampede." Simba revealed.
"OH NO!" Kiara and Kion yelled. 
 "He managed to somehow begin to climb the gorge walls. But when he got to the top...he begged Scar to help him."
Kiara and Kion suddenly realized. "And that's when Grandfather Mufasa fell to his death." They said in unison.
Simba nodded. "Uncle Scar found me sobbing and told me to "Run away and never return". Of course I took his advice, fearing that I was gonna be in big trouble."
"But you were just a cub!" Kiara gasped. How dare her father be blamed for something he didn't do?
 "When I came back many years later I found that it was all a lie and that Scar my beloved Uncle till that day, had killed my Father so that he could be King. He and I battled for the throne and as you two are here now." He smiled. "I won and became the King as I'm still am today." He finished pulling his two cubs close for a hug.

"But what happened to Scar after he lost?" asked Kion.
Simba looked a little sad.
"He was killed by the hyenas..."
Kion ad Kiara were silent. 
"Apparently he had broken many of his promises to them so in revenge, they killed him. His body was burnt by the flames...." Simba explained.
"We found many of the hyenas's bodies." Nala shuddered. "And it was a horrific way to go but at the time...he deserved it." She finished.
"A few days later, Zira accused me of killing him and claimed that Scar was the true King. She didn't listen as I tried to explain and fought me for the throne, but I defeated her and banished her and Scar's followers to the Outlands where they remain today."
And then we had you two" he finished.
"And we couldn't be happier." Added Nala smiling.

Kiara smiled. She saw saw Kion smile too but he soon looked downcast again.
"Kion?" asked Simba. "What's wrong?"
Kion responded: "You're not gonna banish me are you?" he gulped.
"No. Why would I do that?" asked a confused Simba.
 Kion showed him his face.
Simba gasped. "Kion...where did you get that? " he panicked.
 "I don't know Dad!" whimpered Kion. "I woke up with it this morning."
"That I can confirm." put in Kiara.
"I thought I heard you screaming." realized Simba. "So that's why Fuli distracted me this morning..."
He got up.
Kion looked at him in fear.
"Has Rafiki said anything?" Asked Simba.
"As a matter of fact Simba" put in Nala. "Rafiki said he'll let me know as soon as he finds out anything."
Simba nodded satisfied. "Very well." He said. And he went to lie down for the night.
Kiara Kion and Nala also went to their sleeping spots.
None of them got any sleep that night.