Chapter 3

Yung

"Have you smashed in here as yet?" Luis asked Damon as he walked into the living room. "You got all this room, man. If it were me, I'd be clapping cheeks on the couch and all over this place."

Damon shook his head slowly. It looked like there was something on his mind cause he's been quiet since we got here. There were three of us here, Luis, myself, and Trey.

I sat back against the couch, sipping on my glass of Whiskey as Damon sat on his single chair across from us.

"What do you mean?" Luis laughed.

"I just haven't had the opportunity to or even the right girl to do it with yet."

I scrunched my forehead, thinking for a minute.

"What about Nell? I mean, I'm not saying you need to have sex with her or anything, but I thought she was the right girl, your right girl."

Damon gulped down his second glass of Hennessy.

"She is," he sighed. "I just don't know how to tell her that she's still my person."

"Just tell her just like that," Trey said.

"It's not that simple, though," D said, frowning. "Remember, the reason we ended was because of Charles and that stupid ass bet. She ain't gonna start trusting me again just like that."

"I guess that's true, huh?" Luis twisted his mouth to the side.

"Yeah..."

"Well, I think you should still let her know cause you don't want to miss your opportunity with her, especially since you still got very strong feelings for her," I said.

D turned to me.

"You right, but we gone see."

He seemed discouraged, but I hoped he didn't give up yet. Trey and Luis went into Damon's kitchen to pour themselves another drink.

"Bring a glass of Patron for me, please," Damon told them.

He still took his alcohol like a pro.

"D, remember how it was for Tasia and me?" I said to him.

"Mhm," he nodded.

"Things were bad cause I was dumb and messed up a lot, but now we're on a better note. It may still be a work in progress, and we have to take it slow, but at least she knows how I feel about her. And I know even if she don't say it yet cause I hurt her, I know she still feel me and I'm her dude. You and Nell can be like that too if you just let her know how you feel."

D pursed his lips.

"I hope so," he said.

Seeing him like this made me want to help as best as I could. The aftermath of the bet messed things up for him and Nell and some of the other fellas, but I was still hopeful for them. They were once my inspiration, and I believed that they were gonna be together again eventually. It was just gonna took time.

Trey and Luis came back into Damon's spacious living room.

"Thanks," Damon said as Luis handed him the glass of Patron. "Y'all want to play 2k?"