Chapter 5

Song: Found by Tems and Brent Faiyaz.

Nell

D and I got popcorn out front, then I showed our tickets and we went into the school movie theater. They showed movies that had come out a while back, so today we were watching Creed 2.

"Will you tell me what happened later? Like why today wasn't so good?" I asked D turning to him. Our eyes locked.

"Yeah," he nodded solemnly. "I can do that."

I did a small smile at him and he responded by doing the same. D and I got ready for the movie. We shared a medium-sized bucket of buttered popcorn and we both got sodas.

"Are you going to the party this weekend?" D whispered to me.

"You mean the one where we first saw each other outside of campus for the first time?" I asked.

D had a surprised look on his face then he started blushing.

"I guess that was the first time, huh?" D blushed.

"Yep. That's the time when Marquis stole the dance away from you when you were trying to come dance with me," I said.

"I remember that too," he laughed. "I really really wanted to dance with you that night, but it worked out because I ran into you in the dorm lobby after and we hit it off."

"We did?"

"Mhm. We did. I know I was stuttering like crazy, but after that night I couldn't stop thinking about you Nell." He looked deep into my eyes.

The moment he said it, I felt my vagina flutter. I couldn't help myself from blushing. I didn't want him to see me blushing, so I turned away pretending to look at something on the floor.

"It was a good night," I said.

"It was. I'll always remember it," he said. "Wouldn't change it for the world."

My heart started racing as I bit my lip. I avoided eye contact with him, but I could feel him looking at me the way he did back when we were dating and even before; in an admiring way.

The movie started and we both got silent. During the movie we shared popcorn and got enthralled by the fighting scenes in the movie.

Right when I was about to reach for a handful of popcorn, I felt Damon's hand atop mine.

"Sorry," he said, quickly pulling his hand away.

"No, it's fine," I said, turning to him with a smile.

He smiled back.

As the movie progressed, we got closer together. Damon's arm was up against mine and it felt good to be this close to him again. It felt familiar and safe.

Although the movie was good, I eventually began to get sleepy and slowly, I eased my head to the side, leaning on his shoulder. I wasn't sure how he was going to respond, but I was willing to risk it. He didn't move, which was good. Instead, he tilted his head to rest gently on mine.

After the movie we left the theater and stood outside. It was dark outside, but the moon was bright and there were a couple stars in the sky.

"How was it?" D asked me.

"Good. You liked the movie?" I asked.

"I did," he nodded.

"Thanks for accepting my invite and coming with me."