Chapter 9

Nell
Monique in MM
Enjoy.

It's been a day since D and I shared our kiss and it was still on my mind. The girls and I pulled up to the mall to get an outfit for the party this Saturday. It was finalized that we were going.

"Y'all know what y'all getting?" Monique asked as we walked to the entrance of the Galleria.

"Not sure yet," Tasia said. "I wanted something sexy, but not too revealing."

"I feel you on that," Chelle said.

Everyone turned to Chelle. She and Mike were doing long distance now since he graduated last year and was working as an engineer in middle-of-no-where, Texas.

"Who you getting dressed up for?" Monique asked.

"For myself," Chelle said.

"I know that's right," I clapped.

Tasia scrunched her forehead eyeing Chelle more.

"You sure it's nothing between you and Mike?" Tasia asked.

Chelle's face changed quickly for a minute, but then she put back on a smile.

"No," she shook her head.

"Okay," Tasia said.

Tasia looked back at me, then I looked at Monique. We knew something was going on now.

"You sure you're okay, Chelle? You know you can tell us anything," I said as we stood in the mall. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind and I don't feel like spoiling the moment I'm having with you guys now," she said.

"Okay, just know we're here for you," I said. The girls agreed, then we all circled Chelle, giving her a tight group hug.

We started walking to the stores. Our first stop was Forever 21.

"Ay, ladies!" someone called out to us the minute we were about to walk in.

"What?" Monique cocked her neck.

A tall dark skin guy and three of his friends walked up to us.

"Y'all hella cute. Especially you with the attitude," he said to Monique licking his lips. "Can we get y'all numbers or something?"

The friends were standing in the back like ole boy was the team leader. One of his friends with light skin and a small fro licked his lips and rubbed his hands looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

"We all got a man. Sorry," Monique did a fake smile.

Monique was single, I think? But she wasn't feeling him.

"We can change that for y'all," one of the friends with brown skin said eyeing Chelle.

"Nah, we're good," Tasia said.

"Alright, well y'all have a blessed day then," the fourth friend said.

The leader then looked at me and scrunched his forehead.

"Aren't you Wallis' girl?" he asked.

"Who? Me?" I pointed at myself looking around hella confused. "Couldn't be me."

My girls giggled.

"Yeah, I thought I swore I seen you on campus all cozied up with him. That's my nigga from back home. Nell right? I swore I heard him mention you too."

The girls turned to me to hear my response.

"That's my name, but it wasn't me cozied up with him," I shook my head denying it. "You must got the wrong person."