Chapter 11

Damon
Double update lol enjoy!
Song: Sempe by L.A.X

The Uber pulled up to the warehouse where the party was.

"Thanks," I said as I got out the car with my cup of alcohol in my hand.

I was buzzed right now, but I told myself I was gonna slow down when I got into the party.

"D, my man," Yung dapped me up as I showed him my ticket. "You upgraded this year."

"You right," I laughed.

Just last year, I was begging for a ride to the party from Mike and Charles and I were trying to get in free. This year I had my ticket and could afford an Uber to the event.

Yung put the red wristband onto my wrist, then handed me a purple mask to go in with. When I got in, the place was already crowded. The music was bumping too. It was weird not being here with Charles though.

I stood against a wall and finished my drink watching everyone have a good time. The first party of the semester was meant to turn up, but I was taking it easy tonight until Nell showed up.

As I stood, scrolling through my phone, someone walked up to me.

"Hey," a female voice said.

"Hey," I looked up and a girl in a mask was standing in front of me.

Her dark hair was in a high bun and she wore some shorts and a cropped top.

"Why you in the corner by yourself?" she asked sipping on her drink. She tiptoed closer to my ear so I could hear her.

"Just waiting for someone," I said over the music.

"You don't have to wait alone," she said.

"Not to be rude, but I'm good. Thanks for coming over to ask though."

"Alright, I guess you're good for tonight, but just know you need to live some. I know I messed up when we saw each other, but just hit me up whenever. I want to try again," she whispered in my ear.

When she said it, it confirmed that it was Maria.

"Alright," was all I said.

She went back with her friends as I stood back still waiting for Nell. I looked at my watch and saw it was 11:30pm. Hopefully everything was okay and she'd be able to come through. I really wanted to see her.

I scrolled through my phone again for another 10 minutes, then I looked up at the door. My heart started racing. Standing at the entry was Nell and her friends. My phone buzzed.

Nelly: I'm here

She got her wristband and mask, then waited for her friends. Nell tiptoed trying to see me over the crowd. I waved, but realized shortly after that she probably couldn't see me.

Making my way through the crowd, I accidentally ran into someone.

"My bad," I said.

"D?" I heard Wanda's voice say.

"Oh hey. What are you doing here?"