06

I walked towards him.

"Hi, Jungwon. Why are you here?!"

"Can we go to the rooftop? like right now. If you're not busy. I have something to tell you."

I nodded.

-

"I've called your mother and told the nurses."

"Uh?!" I'm confused with what he just said.

"I wanted to take you on a date tomorrow."

OH MY GOD! AM I DREAMING? AH REUM WAKE UP! NO! MOM PLEASE DON'T WAKE ME UP RIGHT NOW PLEASE!

I'm speechless, happy and sad at the same time.

"I- What are you saying? Am I dreaming? This is really you Jungwon?" I shocked.

"You not dreaming Ah Reum. I wanted to know you more. I've talked to your mother to take you on a date. At Han River. If you don't mind."

"Wow, I can't believe this." I chuckled.

"But I'm sorry Jungwon I can't. I'm sorry."

I stand up and walked away with tears on my face.

I'm sorry, I wanted to do it so bad but I can't Jungwon. I'll feel bad for you. You didn't know that I will die very soon. I don't want to be a selfish and bad person here. You make me feel wanted to live while my heart says no. I will never hurt you this way.

-

I'm laying down on my bed with tears streaming down my face. My heart hurts so bad. I just take my medicines but it still hurts. I touched my chest.

Stop hurting. I hate you so much, stupid heart.

Why did Jungwon suddenly ask me to go on a date with him? I wanted to do it so bad. But I know I can't. I can't hurt you Jungwon. I'll hurt my mom and dad and I know they're prepared but it still will hurt seeing their daughter's body lifeless. I hate to think about that.

I cried more and more as I touched my chest.

-

I woke up with puffy eyes. I can't open them properly. Shit. My mom will know I'm crying all night.

"Hi, beautiful!!"

My mom is here. I'm dead.

"Hi, mommy."

I didn't make any eye contact.

She came towards me and lift my face.

"What happened? I thought you're going on a date with the elevator guy today! He even called mommy yesterday Ah Reum. Now, why are your eyes so puffy. Why are you crying? Does your heart hurt? You didn't tell the nurse? Let's go home now-"

"No, mom. I'm okay." I put a smile on my face.

"Or did the elevator guy hurt you?"

"No no no! He's not. He'll never hurt me, mom. I know it."

I'm just hurting myself, mom.