12

I sat down on my bed. Tears keep falling. This heartache. I don't want to read the book, I'm not ready but I have to.

I opened the book.

-
Page 1

~Beautiful Ah Reum~

Hi, Kim Ah Reum, this is me Jungwon. I know when you read this book, I'm not by your side anymore. I have to leave. I don't want to but I have to. I'm sorry. I have something to tell you. Remember our first meeting? In the hospital elevator? When you fainted because of my handsome face? I was so worried at that time, but I'm glad nothing bad happened to you. Remember when we go to the rooftop? You look so mesmerized by the sky. I keep looking at you that time. I keep telling myself to not look at you, but you're so beautiful, kind, loving, and caring person. I saw you with your mom at the cafeteria. You guys look so cute, laughing together. How's your new healthy heart now? I hope everything is perfect. I'm sorry I can't see you the day you're getting the surgery. I wish I can. I know you knew about me and Junghyun. It's true, Junghyun is not sick. It's was me. Actually, I have a brain tumor. I'm sorry to lie about this to you, but I have no choice. Remember when you asked me why Junghyun didn't wear the same clothes as you. I answered 'because she's not ready yet. That's actually my answer. I'm not ready yet. I'm scared, I'm not like you Ah Reum. You're so strong. Everything just fine before I'm going to the hospital. I thought my life would change. But yeah it changed. You changed my life. It became more memorable and beautiful. You're the strongest girl I've ever met. You're my best friend. You made me want to live. Even I'm dying. Remember our cute beach date? I asked you 'Do you like someone?' but you answered 'I don't' my heart hurts but I keep smiling. Deep down in my heart hoping you'll say my name. I hope you said 'You, Yang Jungwon, I love you.' because I wanted to tell you that I love you Ah Reum. I'm falling in love at first sight. I hope I can hug your warm body. To kiss you soft pink lips. Every time you said you'll die, I'm afraid that will happen. You know why I can't meet you the day you're getting the surgery because I was getting surgery too. I wish to spend more time with you, but the doctor told me if I didn't do it as soon as possible. I can't donor anything anymore. So I decided to do it quickly. Because I'm the one who willingly giving you mine. So my heart never stops beating for you. You're the perfect person for my heart so please take care of it. I know you'll never hurt me. I trust you Ah Reum. Now live with my heart beating for you. I know it's hard, but life is full of sudden goodbyes. I love you.

- Yang Jungwon

I don't know if you guys crying, but I got so emotional while writing this. I'm crying so bad. 💀