Who Are You?

Groggy.

This is the second time she woke up groggy. Then again, she did panic because she wasn't able to understand what was going on around her. Carefully, she rolls over. Her head doesn't feel as bad as it did before. Which was nice. After a few seconds, she realizes she can hear what was going on around her.

"I'm just saying. It would be nice to know who she is." A male's voice said.

"When she's able to, she'll tell us." A woman soothes.

Using all of her remaining strength, she sits up. "Nicole..."

The same people were there, staring at her. Nicole looked at each face trying to see if anything has changed since she was put back under. The woman face showed sadness behind her warm smile. The two males still look apprehensive. The doctor was the one to speak, first.

"Hello, Nicole. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked as she began taking vitals.

"A little better." Nicole didn't look to anyone else. "Groggy, but that's to be expected."

The Doctor chuckles. "Yeah, well... You were very malnourished. I have been pumping as much into you through the I.V. as I can."

"How long have I been out?" Nicole wondered.

"A few days." The doctor answered.

Nicole nodded. She figured it had to be several days. Though she does feel better, she still had some ways to go. It will be better when she'll be able to leave. Hospitals are not her favorite place. Though, the bed is still better than the basement.

"Nicole..." The woman brought Nicole attention to her. "We have some questions. That is, if you're able to answer them."

Nicole sighed. "Of course. Anything you need to know, I'll tell you. Sorry for earlier. I couldn't hear you."

The woman shook her head. "I figured. It's okay. Your body was trying to tell you that you weren't ready yet."

"Thank you..." Nicole looked confused for a second before looking regretful. "I'm sorry... I'm extremely rude that I had not asked your names."

The woman smiled. "It's okay. My name is Lynn and this here is my husband Lawrence."

"Hello..." Nicole smiled to Lawrence, but he didn't smile back.

"And the bruiting male next to you is Ronin." Lynn pointed to Nicole savoir.

"Hello..." Nicole couldn't help but stare at the very attractive man.

Ronin watched as this girl kept staring. "What?"

Nicole, surprised, turn away. "Sorry..."

"NO! You can't say sorry to this." Ronin growled. "What's so fascinating about me!?"

Nicole looked back over to Ronin. "Your eyes. They're very beautiful."

Ronin raised an eyebrow. Most people say his eyes are weird or worse, unnerving. It bothered him when he was younger, but now he just expects people to hate them. When this Nicole girl was staring, he expected her to say that his eyes bothered her. He didn't know how to reacted to her calling them beautiful.

"You should thank her. She did call your eyes beautiful." Lynn walked over and sat down on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Thanks..." Ronin grumbled and looked away.

Nicole laughed. "Don't mention it."

Ronin huffed. He still didn't trust her. Saying something he never expected, that's what they teach you. That how you get under the skin of your enemy and earn their trust. It won't work on him.