Half Time

Nicole was sitting on the bleachers, clapping. The game was almost half way over and Ronin seemed to be determined to win. Even if they were loosing right now. It didn't bother Nicole any, but she knew that Ronin might be upset. She was just happy that he wanted her to watch him play.

A referee blew a whistle, signaling the half way mark. Now there will be a five minute pause in the game. Nicole wondered if Ronin was going to come over and talk to her or if he'd just rest with his teammates. She hoped that he'd at least visit for a moment.

"So, when is your bake shop opening?" Charlotte moved from her spot to sit next to Nicole.

"Not sure yet. I have to get through my 30 days first." Nicole turned her whole body to talk with Charlotte. "I'm hoping to talk with Lynn and Lawrence about it sooner rather than later."

"Well, I'll be your first customer." Charlotte turned to watch the men return from the field. "Got to love Beast Ball."

"Why?" Nicole looked back at the field, but didn't see what she was looking at.

"WHY!?" Nicole chuckled. "Half naked, large, muscular men running around getting sweaty. Oh yeah... can't get better than Beast Ball when it comes to finding a good mate."

"Mate?" Nicole knew of the word. "Like, life partner?"

"Yeah... we use the word mate. It means more than husband or wife or even life partner. When you mate, you mate for life. None before and none after." Charlotte sighed.

"That's beautiful. Who are you looking at for your mate?" Nicole asked, ready to look for them.

"Well, Ronin of course..." Charlotte smiled. "He's the best, strongest, and quiet."

Nicole smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Are those traits the best for selecting a mate?"

"Of course..." Charlotte seemed offended she even asked. "That and how big he is."

"Like height?" Nicole wondered.

"Oh no, honey..." Charlotte leaned in closer. "His dick size..."

"Oh my...." Nicole couldn't believed she said that, out loud. 

"I bet Ronin is HUGE!" Charlotte smiled, wide.

"You bet what of mine is huge?" Ronin interrupted the two of them.

"OH... she figured that your..." Charlotte covered Nicole's mouth before she divulged their conversation.

"I was telling her how much I love Beast Ball and that she should be looking for a mate. Its the best reason for us women to watch you guys play." Charlotte awkwardly smiled. 

"Yeah... sure..." Ronin motioned to Nicole. "Can you remove your hand... I think your suffocating her..."

"Oh... sorry..." Charlotte pulled her hand off Nicole's mouth.

Nicole took a deep breath. "Thanks... It was getting... uncomfortable..."

"Again... sorry..." Charlotte smiled to soften her actions.

"You okay?" Ronin asked Nicole, placing a hand on her knee.

"Yeah...fine..." Nicole took a deep breath. "I wish you'd explained the rules of the game to me. I feel like I'm just watching you run around while ramming yourself into the other players."

"You say that as if it's a bad thing?" Charlotte commented.

"Yeah... I guess I should have explained the game to you better, but I honestly didn't think you'd be interested." Ronin rubbed the back of his neck, ashamed.