The Dance Confrontations

Ronin was standing in the community center. He fiddled with the cuffs of his black suit for the 11th time. Waiting for Nicole to arrive was brutal. Fiddling with his shirt, he was trying to calm his nerves.

Someone slapped Ronin on the back. "Dude, nervous?"

Conner walked around to Ronin's front with a smile. "What do you want Conner?"

"Nothing... I'm just like you. Waiting for those beautiful girls to show up." Conner wiggled his eyebrows.

"What girls?" Ronin knew who he was waiting for.

"My sister, Charlotte and her friends." Conner answered like he didn't understand why Ronin even asked. "You excited to see Charlotte all dolled up?"

Ronin looked offended. "Why do you think I'm interested in her?"

"During half time, you went over and talked to her. I figured you asked her to the dance." Conner stuck his hands in his pant pockets.

"I have no interest in your sister or any of the women here in town." Ronin growled.

"Oh..." Conner was surprised. "Well, I guess you didn't have to come then."

Ronin growled. Taking a step towards Conner, he was ready to hit him. All of a sudden, a figure caught his eyes. Coming in the front double doors was Nicole. She looked amazing. Ronin couldn't help but stare.

Nicole was wearing a soft pink dress with a sweetheart neckline. It was form fitted around her bust, but flowed freely to the floor, with a slight train. Around the sweetheart neckline is was covered in sequence that followed down the zipper on the back. It had a couple layers of tulle, which made the dress look more goddess like. It had tulle, off the shoulder sleeves that the dress didn't need, but it looked amazing on her.

Nicole's hair was up. It looked like a ponytail, but it was curled, thick, and flowing down, in small pieces around her face. Ronin couldn't think of anything than to moving to get her.

"God damn..." Conner broke through Ronin's fog. "Nicole looks fantastic."

Before Ronin could move, a pair of hands stopped him. "Ronin, darling... dance with me!"

Ronin saw Charlotte smiling up at him. He wanted to shove her away and go to Nicole, but Conner was already on his way over to see her. He didn't like this.

"Charlotte, I don't..." Ronin started but was interrupted.

"You must. I asked." Charlotte dragged him to the floor.

Ronin rolled his eyes as Charlotte go as close as she could. Over her shoulder he could see Nicole looking at him. She didn't look happy. He wasn't either. Conner was trying to talk to her, but she it looked as if she was only giving him short answers.

"Still staring at Nicole?" Charlotte asked Ronin, who grunted. "I know you have feelings for her. It was obvious when you showed up and gave her a diamond necklace."

Ronin glared down at Charlotte. "What do you want?"

"Nothing..." Charlotte sighed.

"Look." Ronin shook Charlotte to get her to look at him. "If you so much as THINK about hurting her..."

"WOAH! WOAH! WOAH! Calm down, Cowboy! I'm not going to hurt her." Charlotte smiled. "I wanted to dance with you to tell you that I give up."

"Excuse me?" Ronin didn't expect that.

"I said I give up." Charlotte shrugged. "I knew that you've never had feelings for me. I tried many times to show you that we could be good together, but something Nicole said yesterday got me thinking. I liked you because of some surface level attributes and nothing else. I realized that my feelings for you weren't even real. I just wanted you because you didn't show me any attention."