Eyes of Gold

Lynn had finally got Nicole out of the Den and into the street. Only moments before the three wolves break through the doors. Biting, clawing, and rolling over one another. Trying to overpower and dominate the others. It was becoming bloody and brutal.

Pulling Nicole into a hug, Lynn yells out. "LAWRENCE! ENOUGH! THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!"

Nicole shakes in Lynn arms. "Why won't they stop?"

"I'm not sure. Ronin's in a fit of rage because of how Conner had you. Conner is fighting Ronin because of Lawrence's orders. Lawrence is trying to be Alpha, but he's getting too old for the job. It's almost time for a new Alpha to step forward." Lynn keeps an eye on the fighting wolves.

"I think I remember Charlotte saying something about Conner being the next leader. That is, unless she could convince Ronin to do it. That was when she was trying to be the woman behind the man. Her words, not mine." Nicole carefully watched Ronin's black wolf.

The wolves were still at one another's neck. None of them backing down. They had moved from the front of the Den to the side. Slowly going to the grassy area behind the buildings. Nicole wanted to follow, but Lynn wasn't budging.

"Please... let me go." Nicole struggled against Lynn's grip. "I need to know Ronin's okay. PLEASE!!"

"I don't want you to get hurt. You need to stay here." Lynn held on for dear life.

"RONIN!!!" Nicole scream from her spot on the opposite side of stairs. "RONIN!!!"

Ronin's wolf looked away from the two other wolves to look at her. He could see her struggling with Lynn. He looked torn. The two wolves posed more of a threat than Lynn did, but he could see how badly she wanted to get away.

Distracted, Conner takes this opportunity to lunge at Ronin. Latching his fang into the back of his neck. Ronin's wolf tries to remove the unwanted wolf but is unsuccessful. The more he moves the deeper Conner's fangs sink into his flesh. His blood began to fall in pools at his feet.

Nicole could see what was happening and cried out. "RONIN!! RONIN!! STOP!!!"

Lynn kept ahold of her the best she could. "You can't help him. LAWRENCE!!! STOP!!"

Nicole watched as more blood began to pour out of the wounds that Conner's fangs were in. Pulling and tearing away of the once pretty black fur. Nicole couldn't hold back her tears. This was the man that cared for her. The man that was kind to her. The one that treated her like a person for the first time ever. Ronin was the man that loved her.

He was the man she loved.

Nicole paused at what she realized. She loved Ronin. This feeling was love. She's never felt so full of happiness, fear, hope, despair, passion and desire for all things that she never thought she could have. All these feelings and so many more that she couldn't even put into words.

"Lynn... Please let me go..." Nicole looked at Lynn. "I need to go to him. I love him."

Lynn looked sympathetic. "I know you do sweetie. I just can't let you get hurt."

Fear rose up and Nicole screamed. "STOP IT!! STOP IT!!! LET... HIM... GO!!!!!!!!!"

As Nicole scream, something happened. A crack from where she was sitting in Lynn's arm, ran its way towards the wolves. The crack continued, quickly. Branching off and branching off in multiple directions. The ground shaking before the crack comes to a stop before Ronin.

The wolves pulled off one another. Looking at the ground they couldn't believe what they saw. Following the crack back, they could see a surprised Lynn and Nicole. Nicole looked angry and her eyes glowed gold. 

"Leave him alone..." Nicole nearly growled causing the crack to move closer to Conner.

Conner finally let go. Seeing the crack in the ground moving closer to him. Once his foot landed, the crack moved to open beneath him. Catching his back foot within the ground before sealing it inside. Conner's wolf begins to howl, pulling with all it's might to get free.

Nothing Conner could do would allow the ground to release him. It was as if the earth, herself, was trying to swallow him up. He couldn't let that happen. If the ground opened up and took him in, he'd did. There was no way for his to break free unless the wielder allowed him. Conner could only whine to Nicole for his release.

Ronin see's Conner struggle and turns to see Nicole. Her eyes gold, locked on Conner, with an unyielding stare. It startled him as much as everyone else, but his blood loss was too great, and he collapsed. 

Nicole finally blinked. Which allowed Conner to free his foot and run behind Lawrence with his tail between his legs. Nicole saw the pathetic excuse of a wolf hide but turned her gaze to Ronin. Trying to get out of Lynn grasp, Nicole needed to get to him.

"Let me go. We need to get to him." Nicole struggled, but this time Lynn let her go.

It was difficult for Nicole to stand on the leg that was injured, so she decided to nearly crawl. Anything to get to her Ronin. It took her longer than it should have, but when she did, she clung to him. Trying desperately to stop the bleeding from his wounds.

"Ronin... please stay awake." Nicole cried and pleaded with him. "You can't go. Not yet please."

Lynn rushed over to help. "The infirmary is right next door. We need to get everyone over there."

Nicole nodded. "I'll do whatever you tell me to. Just please... save him."

Nicole didn't move from her spot. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw Lawrence and Conner move towards the infirmary. The next thing she realizes is Lynn pulling her off as a couple of rather large men pick Ronin up. The carry him carefully, but quickly to the infirmary too.

"Let's get you taken care off." Lynn whispered to Nicole. "First, let's untie your hands. Then, we'll get you cleaned up."

"Okay..." Nicole tried to relax, but before she knew it, she passed out.