After The Game

The second half of the game was brutal. Ronin was angry and he saw it fit to take his anger out on the visiting team. Every chance he got; he rammed his full body into another player. Causing that player to fly backwards before landing, aggressively, on the ground. Which ended up helping his team win by a single point.

His teammates rushed him at the end. Cheering and high fiving as much as they could. It was a crazy victory over a team that was nearly annihilating them the first half. They were so happy that it even caused Ronin to give them a smirk. It turned out to be a good game. Plus, it really did help to vent his frustrations.

"We're heading to the bar after this!" Conner yelled out in excitement. "First rounds on me!!"

Several members cheered, but Ronin interrupted. "Have one on me boys. I'm heading back home. I need a long shower."

"Come on! This was our first victory over those guys and it's all thanks to you. You have to come!" One of his teammates begged.

"Have you not seen the woman that follows him around?" Another team member whistles his approval.

"Oh yeah!" A third chimed in as they made their way to the bleachers. "If I had a woman with a tight ass and big breasts like those, I'd ditch you guys and go home to take a 'shower' too!"

Some member laughed, but Conner stepped in. "Come on guys. She's just his friend. There's nothing between them."

Ronin almost winced when Conner pointed that out. Ronin knows all too well that Conner has his eyes set on Nicole and he shouldn't be upset or angry about it. It's only recently that he, himself, has admitted he has some feelings for her. She is her own woman and if she wanted him, she would say so. Wouldn't she?

"You're telling me that hot new thing isn't claimed?" The first teammate spoke up.

"Dude, what are you waiting for?" The second one asked while punching Ronin on the arm.

"Maybe he's not into women. I've never seen him accept a woman's invite before." Conner jokingly pointed out.

Ronin growled. "Excuse me?"

"It's okay if you're not. I have no problem with who you like to be with. I was just making an observation." Conner held up his hands in defense.

"What observation were you making, dear brother?" Charlotte caused all heads, but one, to turn.

"Just saying how Ronin might be gay." Conner made sure that Nicole heard.

Charlotte slapped her brother. "Don't just say things like that out loud. Whether he is or isn't, you shouldn't be the one to yell it out to the whole world. But... I doubt he's gay. He's too good looking to be gay."

"Actually..." Nicole interjected. "Most gay men are better looking than straight because they take care of themselves more. Like I could believe Ronin is gay because he's extremely good looking. However, Conner is straight because he's not as good looking as Ronin."

Ronin smirk at Conner. "Well, I'm not gay, but thanks for telling me I'm better looking than him."

"Anytime..." Nicole waved off his gratitude.

"Now, let's go home. I need a long, hot... shower." Ronin took a moment to say his last word as he looked at Conner.

Ronin was implying something else, even if it wasn't going to happen. He just didn't like Conner and his pathetic attempts to win Nicole over. He should have known better that she'd be wise to him. She has stated she doesn't feel comfortable around him, before. He shouldn't be worried.

Nicole followed without a second glance. Conner was getting desperate, and she knew it. He must be sensing her changing feelings for one grumpy wolf shifter. She worried he might do something drastic, but hopefully someone will be around her that could handle him.

Getting back to the cottage was fast. They like to just listen to music on the way instead of trying to fill the silence with awkward small talk. It's one of the things they like about being in the other one's company. No idle chit chats.

Ronin unlocks the door and drops his bag inside. "I'm sore. I'm going to take a hot shower."

"Okay. I'll take care of your bag." Nicole leans down to grab it, but Ronin grasps her arm.

"Leave it." Ronin was gentle with her. "I'll take care of it when I get out. I promise. You just sit on the couch and relax."

Nicole laughs at him. "I'm not the one who had to play an intense game for almost 2 hours. What do I have to relax about?"

"Just... please." Ronin's eyes softened, pleading with her. 

Nicole couldn't say no to him. "Okay. I'll grab a book and read in bed. Does that make you happy?"

"Very..." Ronin disappears into the bathroom.

Nicole grabbed a romance novel off of the bookshelf before making her way into the bed. She changed out of her clothes into some shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt. Climbing under the covers, she positions herself against the headboard comfortably. She wants to enjoy the book without her back hurting.

After a while, Ronin comes out of the bathroom. Steam rolling off of his half naked body. He walks into the bedroom in only some shorts hanging low on his hips. The towel he used was draped over his shoulders. Only using a corner to dry his head.

"Feel better?" Nicole asked, looking up from her book.

"Much..." Ronin tossed the towel at his dirty clothes basket before sauntering towards the bed. "I still have some pain in my shoulder area, but that'll go away after a day."

"Come here." Nicole hopped out from under the cover and patted the bed beside her.

Ronin saw how little she was wearing. Normally she would wear a t-shirt and shorts, but the silky top with string holding it up was teasing him. He carefully walked over and sat down next to her. Wondering what she wanted.

"Lay down on your stomach." Nicole ordered.

Ronin laid down and waited. Nicole climbed on and straddled his back. Tensing, he didn't know what she was going to do until she started rubbing between his shoulders. He relaxed and allowed the soothing motion of her message to unknot his muscles.

"Were you angry?" Nicole asked in the middle of her massaging.

"When?" Ronin groaned into the pillow.

"On the field. It seemed as if you were angry. Did I do something wrong?" Nicole wondered has her hands traveled over every back muscle.

"No... you didn't." Ronin sighed trying to get up. 

Nicole moved to allow him to sit up. She wasn't done, but it seemed when he wanted to tell her something important, he rather do it face to face. It's nice that he likes to look at her to talk. It a sign of respect that she's never had but is happy he does it for her.

"I was angry, but not at you." Ronin leaned against the headboard. "It sounds stupid now that I say it in my head, but I was hoping to go with you and see you pick out a dress for tomorrow night."

"That's not stupid." Nicole comforted him by stroking his forearm. "I figured you didn't want to go because when I asked you made it sound like an obligation. Since I have no money."

Ronin flinched at her words. "I'm sorry. I was trying to give you a logical reason, not an emotional one."

"Can't I have both?" Nicole wondered why it had to be one or the other.

"I guess you could. I've never thought much about emotions or emotional answers." Ronin took a deep breath. "I wanted to buy your dress, yes for the reason I gave you, but I wanted to go to see you try on dresses and see your face light up. Then, when you chose the perfect dress, it would have been my honor to get it for you."

Nicole got on her knees and kissed Ronin on the cheek. "You make me feel very special. I've never known what a feeling like this actually felt like, outside of my books."

"So, you still going with Charlotte?" Ronin hoped she wouldn't.

"Yes..." Nicole smiled when Ronin frown. "When I walk into the community center and you see me all dolled up, that's the face I'm looking forward too."

Ronin understood now why she had a change of heart and smiled. "Then I won't stop you and will be waiting for your entrance."