The Whole Terrible Story of Nicole

Nicole and Ronin were sitting in Lawrence's office. Lawrence was sitting in his chair. His hands were resting on his desktop. Lynn was sitting in an added chair on the other side. Where Nicole and Ronin were sitting. Everyone had finally gathered together to discuss what had happened.

Lawrence sighed, as he was the one to begin. "Starting off, I would like to apologize to Nicole. I panicked and believed you had lied to destroy us. I was seeing red because I never thought that Ronin would betray me, let alone fall in love with an outsider."

"I accept your apology." Nicole smiled softly. "I understand that you have a difficult job. One that requires you to trust no one you don't know for the safety of your people. I am not now nor was I mad or upset with you for imprisoning me until you felt I was being honest. However..."

"However?" Lawrence looked skeptical.

"What I did have a problem with is who you decided to interrogate me. Conner has had a lustful obsession with me since I got here. I'm not sure why, but what I do know is if Lynn and Ronin didn't convince you to stop Conner, he would have had his way with me." Nicole closed her eyes to calm herself down. "I'm ready to tell you, my tale."

"I didn't know about Conner and for that I'm sorry." Lawrence frowned as he remembered her face when they busted through the door.

"After the death of my parents I was sent into foster care. I now know that it was because of my powers that they called me weird, belittled me, and made me feel unloved and unwanted. I ended up spending my childhood in an orphanage. When I was about to turn 18 and age out, I was told a distant Uncle had found out that I was there and wanted to adopt me. When I was brought to his place, it took a week before he started treating me like his live in servant. I would cook, clean, do laundry, and serve alcohol for his buddies every Saturday night when he hosted his poker games." Nicole took a deep breath and went to hold Ronin's hand for support. "The first time he lost big, he bartered with whom he owed money. The man ended up taking my virginity for trade. He kept telling me he never had a virgin before. It was painful and awful. I was 19."

Lynn gasped, covering her mouth. "My poor child...."

Ronin rubbed her hand he was hold. "It's okay. I'm here. Keep tell them your story, babe."

Nicole smiled and nodded to the man she loved. "It became a game. If you could make my uncle lose more money than the last person who had me, you'd get me. At first, no one was able to cause my uncle to lose more than $1200. Which was the price he sold my virginity for. Then, one day a man came. Every day he would win slightly more and more. My uncle would send us into his spare room, and he would have his way with me. It wasn't special or comfortable. Then he changed. His obsession came out. He liked it when I struggled, and he got to beat me into submission. Apparently, many of my uncle's friends had a fetish like this. He came up with a plan that would allow him to earn money and get more of his friends to come around. I became available to anyone that had 5 grand. He bought many things to bind and torture me with. The only thing he said was no one could kill me. Every Saturday I had many men have their way with me who would abuse me while getting off. Then that one man came back."

Lawrence growled. "To think family would do this to you."

Lynn was crying. "I'm so afraid to hear more..."

"I'm hearing most of this for the first time too." Ronin growled, hold his anger and frustration to not being able to change Nicole's past at bay. "I knew about the brunt of it. She was having nightmares and I helped her chase them away, but this is the first time I'm hearing the whole story."

"God..." Lynn got up and rushed to her mate's side.

Lawrence pushed his chair out and allowed her to sit on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close. Stroking her hair to help calm her sobs. Nicole could see the bond between them and needed to talk with Lynn alone after this. She needs to know how the marking worked with them and if it would work with Ronin and herself.

"I don't know his name. I only called him Sir. He came back several years later and put my uncle in massive debt." Nicole didn't like this part. "My uncle had no choice but to sell me to that man to settle that debt. So, I moved into his basement. At first, I had a bed and some clothes, but as time moved on things changed. As I got older and had more scars, he didn't like me as much. I wasn't as perfect as I was when he first had me. Wasn't as flawless, anymore. So, then I just became something for his friends to use and play with. I got chained up the first time I tried to escape."

Lynn was still on her mate's lap. "Chained?"

"Yeah. He took my bed away and most of my clothes. I only had a long shirt, an old brown dress, and a couple underwear. I ended up with a single pillow, the mattress on the floor, and he installed a chain into the cement floor. He's attached it to my ankle when I did something he didn't like. After a while he put it on every night. The last time I tried to escape was a year before I came here. He never took off my chain since then. Men would come downstairs have their way with me, then leave for the next one. Every night he'd lock the door from the basement to the first floor. He covered all the windows in the basement, so I didn't know what time of day it was. He only allowed me to eat if I made no noise, no complaints, and did all my chores. Him and his friends would tell me that this was my life and all I was good for. No one would want something so easily disposable and replaceable. Then, that night, fate stepped in."

"The night you escaped and came here." Ronin made sure.

"Yeah. Sir was winning big. He was happy and offering drinks all around. He and his buddies got extremely drunk and didn't shackle me. Just tossed me in the basement. Once it was late enough, I check to see if he remembered to lock the door and he didn't. Knowing where he puts his keys, I unlocked the back door and snuck out. If it wasn't for his dogs, I would have gotten away quietly, but they barked. So, I ran. I ran and I ran until I came upon the field. When I turned around, I expected to see him and his buddies, but I saw Ronin. " Nicole smiled to him. "In his eyes I saw peace, safety, and security. I knew I shouldn't have because he was a large wolf, but I did. I bent my neck to him and begged for help. That's when I blacked out and woke up later in your infirmary."

"How long have you lived like that?" Lawrence asked with sorrow in his voice.

"15 years." Nicole informed them and everyone gasped.

"How you told it didn't sound as if it was that long." Lynn was crying again.

"I know, but time felt as if it stood still when every day was the same. Every day, every hour, every minute was the same as the month, weeks, days before. Before I knew it, I was in my 30s. I figured I was too old for love, and I just wanted to find a place I could call home. Ronin was more than I could ever ask for. He actually loves me. Even though I have more scars than him." Nicole was finally allowing the tears to fall.

Everyone remained quiet for a moment before Lawrence talked. "I think I got everything I needed. I heard that you wanted to stay and open up a bakery. Apparently, you have wooed quite a few of my wolves with your pastries. When you get settled and healed up. I'll get you some keys to one of the open buildings on Main Street. You are welcomed here; we can be your home and your REAL family."

Nicole smiled and jumped into Ronin's arms. Now all that was left was to talk with Lynn