Mark What's Mine

Ronin wasn't happy that Lynn wanted to take Nicole to the infirmary for a checkup, alone. Nicole reminded him that she needed to talk with Lynn, and this would be a perfect excuse to do so. He was reluctant but allowed it. Saying he'd be on Main Street when she was done and ready to go home.

The doctor hadn't come in yet, so Nicole took the opportunity to ask her questions. "Lynn, you said you're a witch and that you'd help me with controlling my powers. When do you think that can start?"

"If they doctor says everything looks good, then we can start tomorrow." Lynn smiled, but searched Nicole for something.

"What are you looking for?" Nicole laughed, uncomfortably.

"Oh, nothing... just." Lynn paused, not knowing how to tell her.

"Are you talking about if Ronin marked me?" Nicole asked, sheepishly.

Lynn smiled, genuinely. "So, he has told you about it? Why hasn't he?"

"Because..." Nicole fiddled with her hands. "I didn't know if it would be the same since, I'm not a wolf. How would people know if he belongs to me if I don't have a wolf to mark him?"

Lynn laughed a little. "I understand. I was worried about that when I met Lawrence. More and more wolves are mating outside of werewolf packs, which I think is great. You never know who's perfect for you to love unless you get to know everyone."

"So, you let Lawrence mark you. Did you mark him somehow? Is he just faithful? Do you have to worry about other she-wolves? Has there been any point where he's questioned being with you?" Nicole rattled off several questions.

"Nicole, sweetie...." Lynn apologetic frown calmed Nicole down. "I think you're more worried that Ronin will leave you than actually getting marked."

"I think it goes hand in hand." Nicole takes a deep breath. "I've read many books about Fated Mates and how they are no two others made more for one another than them. However, you could still reject them, but that's not what you guys have. It's like you fall in love and then choose that person to be you fated mate and mark them. Binding your two souls together for the rest of eternity. I don't have a wolf, so I'm afraid my soul will get bound to Ronin's but his won't be to mine. Giving him free reign to be with other women. Maybe even find out that he's not into such damage goods and walk out on me. Leaving me to pine for a man that will never love me. Unable to move on."

"I see." Lynn takes a seat next to Nicole and holds her hand. "If a wolf decides to mark a mate, they won't leave you or try to be with another. They have already made up their minds that that person is it for them. So, even if Ronin were to never mark you, he would NEVER leave. The marking allows for more than just binding and showing to other that you are taken. I know where Lawrence is every moment of the day and what he's feeling. Without holding his hands. It allows me to better take care and understand my mate and he has the same for me."

"So, no talking with your mind to one another or to others of the pack?" Nicole joked.

"They can only in wolf form. Since I don't have a wolf, I can only hear my mate's voice, no one else." Lynn answered honestly.

"Does Lawrence bare your mark?" Nicole asked, hopefully.

"He does." Lynn stroke Nicole's hair out of her face.

"How?" Nicole bounced with excitement.

"Though we don't bite, we do have a ritual that will allow us to mark our mate like they do us. It won't be on the neck, like ours, but it will show proof of ownership... so to speak." Lynn chuckled at her little joke.

"Like a wedding?" Nicole thought a ring won't bond the soul.

"Kind of, but it does bind the soul. So, if you're thinking he can just take off the ring you're wrong. Now, Lawrence's mated mark is on his forearm. Ronin's will be someplace different since it unique to each Witch. It will be like a tattoo, but more ethereal than that. It will glow slightly when you touch it. Don't worry so much. Both of your souls will be bound together like two wolves, but it will be a wolf and a witch. Trust me, it will be amazing." Lynn patted Nicole's hand before moving off the bed.

The doctor entered. She did her job quickly, not wanting to keep her Luna and Nicole long. Nicole had been in the infirmary three times in the last month, and the doctor knows she's not a fan of being here.

"Looks like everything is all good. You might be a little sore, but it looks great!" The doctor gave Nicole a clean bill of health. "If anything changes, let me know."

"Thank you." Nicole and Lynn both said as they left.

Nicole was about to head down to Ronin's car but stopped. "Do you think you could teach me the ritual?"

"Yes, I can. Absolutely. Tell Ronin that you need to learn something and that you'll call him later. Then I can show you what you need to do, before you can mark your mate." Lynn walked Nicole down to Ronin.

Ronin was leaning on his car. He knew that Lynn had marked Lawrence. He's seen the tattoo on Lawrence's forearm. Looking down, he hopes it won't be on his forearm. He has tattoo already there and he doesn't want his mark to disappear against them. All of a sudden, he heard two people approach.

"Ronin!" Nicole called out to him, and he perked right up.

Ronin couldn't hide the bright smile upon seeing Nicole. "Hey babe. Everything good?"

"Doctor gave me an all clear." Nicole walked right into his arms and hugged him.

"I have to say, it's so nice to see the two of you together. Ronin, you look so much more approachable when you smile." Lynn informed him before he dropped his smile to glare at her.

"What do I owe the honor, Luna?" Ronin snipped, wanting to take Nicole back home.

"So, I need Nicole for about an hour." Lynn informed him.

"Why?" Ronin looked to Nicole for support.

"She's going to teach me a few things about being a Witch." Nicole bumped her shoulder into Ronin chest. 

Ronin seemed surprised, but happy. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Everything I should have been learning my whole life, I want to start now. Lynn said she'd help me, and I want to learn." Nicole leaned up to kiss Ronin on the lips.

"Do I need to pick you up?" Ronin leaned down and rested his head on her shoulder.

"I'll bring her home. I promise." Lynn smiled.

"Then, I'll see you in an hour." Ronin kissed Nicole longer than a moment before he, reluctantly, lets her go.

Nicole watched Ronin climb into his car and drive off. Lynn took Nicole in her embrace and walked her back towards the Den. Lynn has her own office and that's where she will teach Nicole the ritual.