(5.) Flashes From The Past.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

I ran away from the monster. It...Huggy chased the prey and I happened to be its target as we were in the vents and I saw a light at the end of the tunnel.

'Shit. Shit.' The one word repeating and would be my last if my fate was death. 'Shit. Huggy's fucking murderous.'

"Human~"

I could hear the monster becoming behind me to stop and simply accept my fate. Maybe I was a moron, but I kept running hoping I'd escape the inevitable chase of this insane piece of shit.

My break hitched and I started panting. My legs decided it'd be a good time slowing down and I started having stitches in my lungs.

I was slowing down...

God, it was tempting to stop. Let Huggy have his fun and torture and leave my dying in the dust. It sounded better than stuck in the cycle I'd grown accustomed in the last hours.

Run, escape, hope you don't fucking die.

That was the cycle I got used to doing and seeing happened through my human eyes. A banging sound made my head turned and I immediately regretted making the decision.

Huggy literally breathed down me neck. Warm and disgusting spit landed and my hairs stuck up in fright and I nearly pissed my pants in fear of this abomination.

'What to do?!"

As I turned my head to the left, I saw an air duct. I dove my body there and slid down a few pipes into a new area even I was unfamiliar with. It was completely new.

"Where am I?"

It's an empty room. Items are trashed everywhere like no one's been here in centuries. An ancient times when it was only around twenty years prior to my visit.

"What happened?"

I explored the room. It held various boxes and other items used the grab pack to examine if they ere safe or secretly planning on attacking me the moment I reached for them.

'Especially the little mini shits.'

The copies of Huggy attacking me were frankly ridiculous. They came from everywhere and nowhere slashing my face, tearing my arms, anything in their attempts at taking my life.

"Human~"

Panicking, I quickly sprinted away from Huggy's vision, unknowingly heading towards a box filled with a doll I'd come to actually like.

I tripped.

'No, no!'

"Human~"

Dammit! I quickly scrambled up, running away once not with the monster breathing down my back, warm break burning my skin. Why was it burning?

But the voice? It was feminine. I assumed it to be Poppy. The living doll presumably trapped inside a case the workers kept hidden somewhere in the factory.

Why did they hide her?-

BANG.

I tripped and my knee landed in the stone cold floor where my gaze met a box. A box I know for certain would change the events unfolding in these cursed walls.