(15.) Children Of The Forgotten.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(It's the best picture I found with all of them together, please bare with me.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

As humans, we have emotion.

As humans, we naturally develop relations.

As humans, we are supposed to care.

"Final Log, in relation Experiment 1-0-0-6, The Prototype. Coordination and cooperation is evidently within his skillset, as well as the skillset of all other experiments of his type."

Unlike this son of a bitch. The scientist.

""Though still missing, today's events are no doubt in relation to him."

"Huggy."

Me and Cuddly blurted in unison. We shared a good laugh at the unexpected moment.

"His absence was a flawed scientific process which should have under no circumstances been left unnacounted for. That's why I'm making this log. So that the same mistake won't be made twice. Any future experiments will need to be contained and disposed of in a secure location."

Cuddly winced, rubbing their arm as if to comfort themselves. Their eyes glazed like recalling a bitter memory. They hissed angrily.

"He was the worst."

I wisely didn't ask what it meant.

"I'm not worried about myself, one breakthrough and I'll be back. We must forge onwards in the name of science. Whether those who are beneath us understand it or not. End of-"

I raised a brow and must've looked at Cuddly with an unimpressed expression because they raised their hands in mock surrender with a terrifying grin.

I hated their smiles.

"Don't look at me. Huggy hated them. Kissy bit their heads off, Bron chewed the flesh, and I believe Cat Bee and Candy feasted their insides." Cuddly chuckled sadistically. "Especially the intestines. Boogie enjoyed electrifying his scientists."

FFWAMM. FWWAMM.

The lights turned brighter and we saw Poppy hiding in her place in the shadows. I think she'd been watching us the whole time.

She sat on the throne like a damn queen. It's the first thing thing I see as me and Cuddly strode into that room ready for whatever bullshit she'd think of pulling.

"Poppy."

I wanted to try the peaceful route. It might work. Poppy could have common sense and talk this out before it became real ugly. She has more sentience than the others, so my logic had some merit, didn't it?

"Human." She simply greeted. "Welcome to my little...home. Wasn't expecting visitors at his hour?"

She didn't moved as she talked. Poppy never bothered giving Cuddly recognition even when they were in same token as myself. It proved how much she hated the other toy.