(14.) Nine Ways To Sunday.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

"No."

"Cuddly. C'mon."

"No."

"Cuddly, please?"

The human attempted to drag the arms of Cuddly, but they somehow laid there limp like a creature which could make itself way more if it stayed put the ground.

"...No." They pouted like a child. "Don't wanna."

Believe it or not, Cuddly gave into their spirits and they received control. Currently acting as the child they were and rebelling against the human they so hated.

"I don't get how they stand you."

No one around to defend me this time.

The fled the moment they found out exactly where they'd all be heading. All the characters wouldn't face Poppy even if their lives depended in their survival.

"Cowards."

To be fair, I heard the banging in the vents. The pitter pattering in the underground pipes, Bron's footsteps banging on the middle floors.

"They're all there." Cuddly shook their head, staring the door that haunted them. "In their own way, they protect us."

They paused a second.

"I think it's time I show you something, human. You've earned the right."

I backed away as Cuddly's don't suddenly stood on its own will. Their eyes widened and they yelled in pain before clutching their head and bending on one knee.

I watched black smoke surround their form.

"In the end..."

Cuddly's form sagged like a puppet. A limp stance to their body, black smoke exiting through their eyes and mouth motioned me over to them.

Something inside my mind obeyed.

Go. Go. Go.

It is a man's voice. Deep, soothing, quiet, deadly. In their late 50s or 60s, it is the one from the tapes as I had come to known him in that video.

Elliot Ludwig.

He sounds deadly. He sounds threatening. He desired me to go closer and I obeyed out of pure instinct. I see out the corner of my eyes that Cuddly is well awake.

Though, they aren't human. Their eyes wild, irises shrunk and no recognition shines in those eyes as we look at one another right in them.

I don't see your soul.

The black smoke makes them whole.

"Heeeeh..."

Their jaw slobbered with drool. Like an animal, Cuddly studied my moves as if they were deciding if seemed like worthy prey.

Their soul wasn't in control.

"So, this is the human my host body adores?"

A hand cupped my chin and I stared into the eyes of the spirit haunting Cuddly itself. Strange enough I didn't consider the real spirit.

Cuddly was far more human than this thing pretended to be. Probably to falsely assure me it's be on my side or something.