(17.) Shattered My Innocence.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

"How's it feel to be alone?"

The question from the minis' leader—Hugs—startled me out my daydream. I looked at the doll in pure confusion. What prompted him to ask such a question?

"Why you asking?" I replied defensively. "Seems a bit random, don't you think?"

"Oh, I know." Unlike Huggy, his smaller counterpart actually smirked. "We can form emotions, but we can't express them. I just wanted to know since your—"

He held up two fingers and quoted with them.

"-Best friend is currently under the control of a psychotic doll who also has a hatred toward humans like we all used to. Some of still like when Candy ripped off the head of that one scientist. Ah, good times. He tasted delicioso."

"Do you ever shut up?" I grumbled, doing a facepalm because why not? Seemed appropriate given the situation. "Who even experimented on you? The good doctor?"

The minis' leader's eyes hardened at my last sarcastic remark. A little regret twinged in my chest for the uncontrolled quip toward the littler being. He backed away glaring at me the whole time. Then his mouth opened.

"The one who's attached to you."

The realisation hit me colder than a bucket full of ice when someone threw it on your for a prank or when they happened to be pissed.

"...Elliot Ludwig."

"Look who's as smart as the scientists." The leader spat sarcastically. "I was going to ask if you were okay, but I see your just another human."

He readied to walk off, but I put my hand on his shoulder which stopped his tracks. He tensed as if I'd hit him right then and there.

What did they do?

"Just another?"

"Many believed they could save us."

He broke out my grip. Another mini, a mindless pet to the otherwise leader. He sat cross-legged and allowed the smaller creature into his lap as his hand petted their fur. The toy crooned in content and laid there head on its shoulder.

"They really like you."

"I'm their leader. But I'm alone."

"How?"

"You can be surrounded by thousands of people you may know, but you can bear the weight of not knowing they don't under who you are."

That cut deep. The leader picked up the baby sized mini and wondered away from where I sat.

A tear leaked down my cheek. I leaned back against the chair I sat on since my injuries from the past weren't exactly in the best condition. I often looked back at how I managed to fight.

How alone am I?

"Huggy, Jesus!"

"Sorry, sorry."

Their banter caught my attention. Huggy was fixing up Boogie after the battle between them both. Seeing them acting like friends disturbed me a little. How could they forgive?