|𝟴| 𝗔 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗮𝗿 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲

I pull out my phone as I walk downstairs and towards the elevator

I pull out my phone as I walk downstairs and towards the elevator. I go to Me, Chiara, and Elyse's group chat and start to type.

Me: Sorry I didn't come to our sleepover. Sum happened 🙁

🕶👜Bestie💅🏾👸🏾: I bet chu it wasn't as bad as our night bitch 🤪

(Inserted picture of Elyse and Chiara posing in front of a burning house).

Me: What the heck  happened!?!?!?😟

💃🏼💄Bestie👅💋: Da stove don caught fire agin girl 👁👄👁

🕶👜Bestie💅🏾👸🏾: At least we got our pizza rolls! 😘🥳😛

I laugh.

Me: Priorities 👏🏼

🕶👜Bestie💅🏾👸🏾: That's right gurl 😩

🕶👜Bestie💅🏾👸🏾: El gonna be staying with us for awhile.

Me: finally. I've been wanting you to stay with us for awhile. Sleepover do over?

💃🏼💄Bestie👅💋: Idk...alright! Get yo pizza rolls, strawberries, whatever de fuck u wan dis party bouts 2 b fire 🔥

I type a series of emojis into the group chat before putting my phone in my back pocket and exiting the elevator.

I breathe in the cool air, still smiling because my besties always seem to put a smile on my face. But then I think about Enzo and the smile slips away.

The women that was there before isn't at the front desk and I hate to do it, but I sigh in relief.

She's really mean.

When I make it outside, it's only sprinkling. I walk over to the bike rack, holding out my tongue as I do so to catch the raindrops on it. Each one feels cold as I close my mouth and swallow them.

I instantly regret it though. This could be dinosaur pee pee for all I know.

I unlock my bike from the rack and climb onto it, pushing off before starting to paddle out of the parking lot.

I don't swivel or bob my head to music this time. I'm sad. I really thought Enzo was my friend. Now he doesn't like me because I look disgusting. I mean, okay yeah, I shouldn't have used his shower without asking in the first place but would he rather me be clean and smell good or stankie and, well, not smell good.