|𝟮𝟵| 𝗗𝗼𝗻𝗲

I didn't watch The Loud House

In fact, I didn't even turn the tv on. Or try to find the remote which is no where in sight. I swear that thing teleports. But that's not my point.

I was on Enzo's bed for a good 6.8 seconds before I realized that I'm to nosy to be pretending like I'm not nosy. Because, well, I am.

As soon as my buttocks touched his bed, I jumped right off, tip toeing quietly to the door and opening it slightly so I could listen in.

I'm a horrible horrible person for the intrusion. For lying and saying that I'm just going to watch tv so they can talk.

But the past is in the past and there's no changing it.

And oh boy do I wish I wasn't nosy because what I just heard was so horrible, so disgusting to think about, that I had to take a moment, touching my hand to my chest as I stumble back to Enzo's bed.

I hear the front door slam shut. Did he leave? Did Enzo leave? Did they both leave?

What did I just hear? Why do I have to be so nosy? Darn it, Althea!

I feel my heart beating quickly under my fingertips. Declan is Enzo's brother? Declan was...he was...

I can't even say it. I can't even think it because I can't even process what I just heard.

I gasp and stand up, realizing that if Enzo is still here and he didn't leave then he's going to need someone because if I can't process or even stomach what I just discovered then surely he can't either.

I rush to the door and open it quickly, making my way down the dark hallway. My finger tips brush the wall as I move slowly, almost knocking down one of those scary portraits I remember him having up last time I was here.

I want to comfort him, I do. But if I'm being honest...I'm scared. How did he react? How would he react? Does he even want to see me? Does he even want to see anybody? Stop it Althea. This is not about you. This has nothing to do with you. At all. Whatsoever.

The hallway opens up into the kitchen so I have a perfectly good view of the long black marbles island and the stools in front of it. He's not in there so I walk further, slowly, getting close to the living room.

Until I see him.

I scrunch my eyebrows. What is he doing? He's sitting up on the couch, the one facing the tall windows. He's hunched over as if he's looking down at something. I can only see the back of his head and his broad shoulders that move every time he inhales.

I walk further into the living room until I'm standing next to the couch. Until I can fully see him. Enzo's head is in one of his hands. I slowly move around the couch more until I can see him better. Until I have a better view of what he's holding in his other hand.

"What are you doing..." I trail off when I see what he's holding in his other hand. I furrow my eyebrows and take a step back.

It's a bottle. A glass bottle. A beer bottle.