|𝟵| 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

"So you're telling me," Chiara said "that you met some hot floppy haired tattooed muscley guy after spilling chocolate milk on him

"So you're telling me," Chiara said "that you met some hot floppy haired tattooed muscley guy after spilling chocolate milk on him. Then you guys talked about random shit and then he called you a few hours later asking you to come over and you did...then you slept together or, slept in the same bed, and the next morning you guys ate peanut butter crunch and watched The Loud House and then he fell asleep and you took a shower and he saw your "unmentionables" and he left because he was disgusted by your body?"

I stare at her long acrylics that she always has done as she points it at me. They're painted a pretty emerald and green.

"Well when you put it like that..." I pop another strawberry in my mouth and look down at my hands.

Elyse walks into the kitchen and I sigh, knowing I'll have to explain everything again. I wanted to wait until she got out of the shower but Chiara was begging to know.

She gave me an expectant look, her blond Tenerife raising as she tapped the tip of her converse on the ground, black fishnets covering her pale legs.

♡︎

"So your telling me..." Elyse started and I held up my hand, not ready to be repeated my situation a second time. I nodded and Elyse just stared at me shocked as she leaned on the counter with her head in her hands, her blond hair wet and streaky from just getting out of the shower. 

I sat on the counter and Chiara was trying to figure out how our stove worked since she rarely cooked and when she did it was made by a microwave or air fryer.

I should probably go over there and make sure she doesn't burn our house down. Then where would we sleep?

Maybe...no. He made it perfectly clear he doesn't want to be friends anymore. Well, not perfectly clear but clear enough.

"Where's Gio?" I ask, twisting the leaf of a strawberry between my fingers before popping it in my mouth.

"She's either sleeping or at the library" Elyse said, staring intensely at a fruit fly flying around the kitchen.

She jumps up and claps so loudly it echoes throughout the kitchen.

Then she looks down and scans her hand and when she doesn't look satisfied she curses under her breath and begins repeating this process over and over again.

"If you ask me," Chiara said "she's trying to get a boyfriend"

I scrunch my eyebrows "What does that have to do with going to the library?"