eleven.

deadly games❝new rules❞

deadly games
new rules

AS SOON AS YOU ARRIVED BACK AT THE BEACH, YOU GOT A STRANGE FEELING. Something was definitely off, but you ignored whatever it was you as you began to look for Chishiya or Kuina. It was almost dark outside and people were partying like usual. Nothing seemed too different, however you still got that unsettling feeling.

Hatter was the one you had to find, although you were afraid to approach him. If a meeting already happened, you could easily ask Chishiya or Ann what it was all about. But if you did that, it wouldn't make anything better, since Hatter probably noticed your absence there. You didn't think that Hatter was going to react badly, since he is the one at the Beach with the good attitude. It's just that you knew his attitude was fake. He was probably way more deranged than he was letting it seem. That was worrisome.

You heavily made your way through the hallways of the hotel, in order to get to the executive room. When you were almost there, your eyes landed upon the familiar blonde you've been looking for since your arrival. He was already staring at you, when you looked up at him. There was something different when he looked at you, though. He didn't stare at you, he stared through you.

"Did something happen while I was gone?" you asked waiting for an answer. But the answer never came, instead you watched Chishiya walk away from you, like you weren't even there. What the hell was that?

He had no valid reasons of acting that way towards you. Except if he still had some hard feelings after the end of the Spades game.

You chose to ignore his weird behavior for now. You still didn't get your answer, so you tried to bravely walk into the meeting room. Hatter was there and he looked like he was having a headache. Ann, Aguni, Last Boss and Niragi were there too. They didn't do anything in order to comfort the man, because they knew it will probably make it worse. This situation felt to you like a foreign territory.

"Look who finally decided to make an appearence!" Hatter's attention was fully on you now and he started to laugh like a total maniac. "I assume you want to know what happened. You were gone for quite a while."

"Something came up after the game. I told Chishiya to let you know."

"Oh, he did. He told me all about your game." Hatter said and you hoped the blonde didn't say everything. "You see, Y/N. I finally had the answer! But some people didn't like it... and if they didn't, I had to force them to." he got your entire curiosity. "In order to leave this country, you have to gather every card! What other reason could it be to the left cards after each game? So I told my people to give me every card they owned. Some of them still held tight to theirs... I had to give them a little push, then. That's how I decided to add a new rule to the Beach. Third rule : death to traitors." you thought he was kidding at first, but the blank and serious expression on his face was telling you otherwise. It finally happened. His last drop of sanity disappeared. "I sent someone to your room to search for your cards, sorry for the mess you'll probably find. Apparently, you indeed cleared that Hearts game."