2 0 / 0 8 / 9 4

A U G U S T  2 0 T H

p o v : j u n o

☀︎

"Cedric!" squealed Juno as she ran up to the older boy.

"Juno!" his eyes widened and a grin spread over his face upon seeing his best friend's little sister.

The two friends hugged like long lost siblings, laughing with and greeting each other. Cedric was Rolf's best friend and Juno had grown up with him as another older brother, she hadn't seen him since she moved away to America.

"You've grown so much," he mused, holding her at arm's length.

Juno scoffed, "Says you! You're like a whole head taller than me now."

"Always was, June, always was."

Cedric had come to the Scamander house today, Rolf had been going over to his lately, but Cedric had wanted to see Juno.

"You're going to the world cup then?" she asked when they sat down in the living room.

The sixteen-year-old nodded, "Yeah, dad got tickets for us, we're supposed to be taking the portkey with the Weasleys."

Juno smiled at the thought of the Weasleys, "I wish we could go, but it's too late now."

"I would offer for you to come with us, but we don't have any spare tickets." Cedric shrugged, "Where's Rolf?"

"He's helping grandad with something in the case because I helped this morning."

Cedric smiled, "I always liked his case—but I think everyone does to be honest."

Juno laughed, "Yeah, it's always the think they want to see when he drops me off at the station."

"I've always wondered, how do you get to Ilvermorny?" he asked the girl across from him.

Again, Juno laughed, "Now, Ced, you're going too far, that information's only for students."

The two friends kept laughing together, then when Cedric had calmed down, he became sincere.

"How's your dad?" his brows were furrowed in concern.

Juno's eyes flickered between the floor and Cedric, "Oh, y'know, he's tough, but not doing so well. I mean, he can take three Quaffles to the head, but not blood poisoning, ha-ha," she tried laughing it off.

Cedric could see her unease of the situation, "Don't you mean Bludgers?"

"Oh, no!" Juno lightened up, "He was Keeper, he tended to block the goals more with his head than arms."

The Hufflepuff boy laughed, "You're good with quidditch, right? If you get into Hufflepuff you should come for try-outs, maybe you've got his talent."

"If you mean getting hit in the head repetitively, I think I'm good thanks," she laughed.

"C'mon! I'm captain, I could have both the Scamanders on my team!" he said excitedly.

"Rolf's not even on the team!" she pointed out.

Cedric sighed through a laugh, "No, but he's trying out for Chaser, and we need a new Keeper now that Lore's gone."

Juno smiled, "I'd love to, Cedric, but we need to give everyone a fair chance—no favouritism."

"I didn't say you were my favorite."

"Oh, but we both know you were thinking it."

Don't forget to vote and comment <3