1 7 / 1 0 / 9 4

O C T O B E R  1 7 T H

p o v : j u n o

☽☀︎☾

"AARH!" screamed Juno as she violently jumped away from the tree on the shore of the Black Lake.

A Gryffindor older than Juno with dark dreadlocks was laughing on the ground beneath the tree. He'd just jumped from it and scared the living daylight out of Juno.

"What the —!"

"Y-You shou-should've s-seen your f-face!" the boy choked out, "Priceless!"

Juno glared at him, "Who are you?!"

He lifted himself from the ground and held out his hand, "Lee Jordan, Gryffindor sixth year and resident troublemaker with Fred and George."

She shook his hand, "You're friends with Fred and George?"

Lee began to walk by the lake and Juno followed, "Yeah, best mates since first-year. How do you know them?"

"I'm Juno Scamander," she said. "My mum would take me to hang with them as a child before I moved to America."

"Oh," Lee's face lit up with realization, "So you're the new kid everyone's talking about."

Juno blushed, "I wouldn't say everyone, but yes, I've heard my name more than a few times in the halls from people I don't know."

Lee nudged her with his elbow, "Well, you are the granddaughter of famed Magizoologist, Newt Scamander, and American Auror, Tina Goldstein. So, yes, I suppose people would talk."

"But I don't want them to know me for my family, I want them to know me for me!"

"I guess that is a downside to it all. Plus you're the new kid, Hogwarts doesn't get many—or any—new students that aren't first-years."

Rolling her eyes, Juno replied, "Ilvermorny always had new students, exchange students, students having been home-schooled and so on. I really don't see why it's a surprise."

"Yes, well," Lee pursed his lips, "this is Hogwarts, not Ilvermorny."

Juno laughed lightly in the autumn air, "I suppose it is."

After a few moments of the pair just walking along the edge of the lake, Juno looked to Lee, "What do you think of the tournament?"

Lee shrugged, "It's cool, I mean, something like this hasn't happened in two-hundred years! But I'm gonna miss quidditch—I was the commentator."

"Yes, I must admit I was looking forward to quidditch too," agreed Juno. "Back at Ilvermorny, I never got a chance to play because there are so many students who're always gonna be better than you. But Cedric said I could try-out for Keeper—like my father—well, that's all useless now."

"I doubt Cedric will turn you away if you choose to try-out next year though," he said in reassurance.

"We'll see, won't we?"

Don't forget to vote and comment <3