1 0 / 1 2 / 9 4

D E C E M B E R  1 0 T H

p o v : j u n o

☽☀︎☾

"On Christmas evening, the school will host a ball," said Professor Sprout as whispers erupted about the Hufflepuff seniors. "The Yule Ball is tradition of the Triwizard Tournament for students above fourth year; of course it is all optional—save for the champions—and you may invite a younger student as your date."

The Hufflepuff students were all on the left side of a large classroom, the middle and right side of the class left for a large dance floor—where they would no doubt be dancing soon.

Susan, Hannah and Juno were in the front row at the very left end on the chairs, directly behind them were Ernie, Wayne, Justin and Zach. The four boys kept poking the girls' shoulders, Juno kept smacking Wayne's hand from pulling on her hood.

"Whether or not you will be attending the ball, you are hereby permitted to a beginners lesson on dancing."

The boys all collectively groaned and some girls giggled.

"Alright, on your feet! Find a partner!" the head of house clapped.

Some people rushed to stand and drag their friends with them, others weren't so enthusiastic. Wayne stood in front of Juno and extended his hand with a short bow.

"M'lady, would you do me the honor of having this dance?" he said with a cheeky smile.

Juno rolled her eyes and took his hand, allowing herself to be swept onto the dance floor, "Only for you, Hopkins."

Wayne raised a singular brow as everyone started the first step to the dance, "Only?"

The female spun out before Wayne pulled her back in, "I plan to attend alone—not sorry if that crushes your spirits."

Wayne gave a small laugh, "Argh, darn it!" They both laughed together. "Not got your eye on anyone?"

Juno shook her head, "No. I don't want to be validated just because I bring a partner—no less a man—to the dance."

"Wise words from a wise woman."

"Glad you see it."

"Tell me, how did your brother and Cedric end up dancing together?" he was looking over—sure enough—at the two best friends who looked just as confused as Juno and Wayne.

"I don't even think they know how." 

Don't forget to vote and comment <3