0 2 / 0 9 / 9 4

S E P T E M B E R  2 N D

p o v : j u n o

☽☀︎☾

"— down to Hagrid's, oh, you won't know where that is— Potter!" Professor Sprout called down greenhouse three where Harry's head popped up in the middle. "Show her where Hagrid's is."

Harry jumped up and smiled at Juno who did so back and the two left the greenhouses, walking through the halls to Hagrid's hut.

"I'm Harry, by the way," he introduced himself.

The Hufflepuff looked up at the taller boy, "Juno... Juno Scamander."

Harry gave a low laugh, "I've heard a lot about you in the past week."

Juno raised her eyebrows, "All good things I hope?"

"Oh, yes, Ron would never speak ill about one of his sisters," said Harry cheekily.

The girl blushed as they rounded a corner, "At least he's not saying little sister anymore— I'm only a week younger than him, y'know?"

"Well, that means you're both older than me," he laughed. "So, did you like— did you want to be a Hufflepuff? I mean, most of your family is, right?"

Juno nodded, "Yes, they are—well, actually my uncle Jensen was a Gryffindor, but I've never met him, he disappeared some twenty years ago."

She was laughing as she spoke, so Harry did lightly too.

"But not really, I guess I didn't really care which house I got because no one was gonna be angry if I was a Gryffindor instead—Slytherin maybe... but yeah, I guess the hat saw my grandad in me."

Harry smiled as they started down the hill towards a hut, "You're close with him then? Your grandad, I mean."

"Yes," she was grinning, "He's like my best friend, I've always looked up to him. I remember convincing him to let me stay up past my bedtime when I was little to tell me his stories of his adventures and Grindelwald... I want to be a Magizoologist, like him—so does my brother."

"I think Newt's book is the only school book I've actually read the whole way through," he laughed. "A Magizoologist then? You're good with animals?"

Juno jumped over a rock, "Splendid! I'm especially good with Bowtruckles and Nifflers, my grandad actually nicknamed me 'Bow' because his favorite, Pickett, took a liking to me."

Harry laughed and they neared a second-year class outside Hagrid's hut, "This is Hagrid's, here— Hagrid!" he shouted.

The half-giant—who was supervising the class while they worked quietly—turned to them, "Ah, Harry! Who's this then?"

Juno waved excitedly, "Hi, I'm Juno Scamander."

"Scamander ay'? Yeh're Rolf's sister then?" the girl nodded, "You as good as them?"

"I'd say I'm better than Rolf, but Newt has much more experience than I do," she laughed.

"We'll have to test that then," said Hagrid with a smile, "No what can I do for yeh?"

Harry and Juno got the supplies they'd been sent for from Hagrid and started back to the third greenhouse.

"What about you then? What do you want to be?" Juno asked, looking sideways at Harry for a moment.

"Oh-uh," he stuttered, "Dunno, maybe and Auror? They're cool right?"

Juno laughed, "Yes, they're awesome, my mother's an Auror—she's always away though, you don't get much time off."

"Well, who knows if I'll even get the grades, Snape's pretty horrid with Potions, he's been looking for a reason to kick me out since day one."

"Now, is that 'cause you're actually bad at potions, or...?" she raised a brow.

It was Harry's turn to laugh, "No uh, he has a vendetta against my dad and godfather, holds it on me."

"Oh, well that's... a shame," she couldn't help but laugh at the end.

"Yes, well, I can't believe he'd be too fond of me even if he didn't have anything against my dad— I am a Gryffindor after all, he seems to have something against us all too."

"Lucky I'm a Hufflepuff then."

Don't forget to vote and comment <3