2 5 / 0 8 / 9 4

A U G U S T  2 5 T H

p o v : g o l d e n  t r i o

☀︎

"Cedric, how're The Scamanders?" Mr Weasley asked the Hufflepuff in Fred and George's year.

Harry and Ron were trying to listen in on their conversation, the twins didn't much like Cedric because he won against them last year when Harry had succumbed to the dementors.

"They're not counting their loss yet," said Cedric. "Their mum's on duty most of the time, Rolf and I've spent most of the holidays practicing in the backyard. But Juno's moved back, Newt's taking care of them."

Beside Harry, Ron's head snapped up from being focused on the ground, he was staring with his mouth open at the back of Cedric's head. Harry gave him a confused look but Ron didn't register it.

"Juno's back?" asked Mr Weasley surprised.

Cedric nodded uncertainly, "She's back for the holidays at least, not sure if she's coming to Hogwarts or not, I didn't ask."

It was Mr Weasley's turn to nod, digesting this information, "And Newt? Doing alright? He's getting old that man, he'll be a hundred soon."

"Oh, but he doesn't look it!" grinned Cedric, "Still getting around, and still carrying his case, he is. He's in good shape, apparates Rolf and Juno to St Mungo's every morning and back in the afternoon."

Mr Weasley chuckled, "Yes, well, he was always a curious fellow, wasn't he?"

Harry focused back on Ron—who was still gaping at Cedric—and elbowed his ribs. Ron jumped and glared at Harry.

"What was that for?!" he exclaimed.

"You were gaping at Cedric," said Harry, "Why?"

Ron's mouth made an 'o' shape, "Oh, he was talking about the Scamanders."

"What about them?"

"They're Newt Scamander's grandkids."

Harry scoffed, "Well, yeah, I figured that much out."

"Rolf's in the year above us," said Ron, "but Juno—the girl—she moved to America with her grandparents to go to Ilvermorny."

"Okay..." Harry dragged out the word, still confused, "So?"

"So, Juno was like another sister to me, we used to hang out all the time as kids. I haven't seen her since she moved away, that was over three years ago now."

"Oh."

Don't forget to vote and comment <3